NGD: Eastman T59

What's Hot
Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
Just a short one to say I received this yesterday and I'm so impressed with it.  Very much reminds me of my old 67 Gibson ES330 in terms of feel of an old guitar.  Probably the lowest action and easiest playing guitar I've ever had.  Not my only Eastman though, so take from it what you will.  If you're curious, go try them (virus permitting!):

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Very nice, I really like the look of these Eastmans
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Really nice. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Are the pickups aged/distressed or just new But in a dull finish?
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    edited August 2020
    duotone said:
    Are the pickups aged/distressed or just new But in a dull finish?
    They are SD Antiquities, which I think come somewhat distressed.  The bridge etc. is the slightly dulled Gotoh variety, in-keeping with the antique varnishing technique Eastman have applied to the guitar.  Looks and feels the business, just the right side of worn-in, for me anyway.

I did deliberate between this and T486, which is a few hundred less and has the new shiny look with SD Jazz & 59 pickups.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3129
    Lovely, I had one of these and it was a cracking guitar, enjoy! Looks like they’ve improved the headstock shape too.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3889
    Congratulations, love my T59, they are great guitars.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5653
    Absolutely gorgeous. Space fills up fast doesn’t it. 
    Thanks for the nice comments.  I'm not usually one for humbuckers, but I have to say I am liking these a lot and I do not see this going anywhere anytime soon.

For balance, there are a few finish flaws in and around the binding at the bottom of the neck.  But they don't bother me when it looks, plays and sounds this good.
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    Super guitar, love my T59v

Congrats
    Thanks all. Didnt realise how many on here had one.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Gerz6558 said:
    Thanks for the nice comments.  I'm not usually one for humbuckers, but I have to say I am liking these a lot and I do not see this going anywhere anytime soon.

For balance, there are a few finish flaws in and around the binding at the bottom of the neck.  But they don't bother me when it looks, plays and sounds this good.

My Eastman acoustic is similar in that it has a few tiny finish flaws here and there but all the main things are spot on. Sounds incredible too. Enjoy that. 
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 219
    Absolutely love my T486, plays ace and with mojos in, sounds amazing....best bang for buck for me
  • *Aaron**Aaron* Frets: 72
    Beautiful guitar. I have played one and I thought it was ace.
    I have the SB59 V and the binding is finished really well. It has the lollar pick ups. Joy to play.
    Hope you enjoy it mate
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    That looks fab. I have a Gibson but if I had to buy again I'd most likely go for one of these. Love the super flared headstock. Congrats
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1198
    Looks splendid!
    I've owned an Eastman mandolin and played a few more, along with some acoustics. If the electrics are anything like as good, they'll be great. I like the aesthetics of them and really fancy the hollow-body with P90s, as I'm unlikely to ever have enough money for a 330. Only thing that puts me off is that many of them have a rather wide (1.75"?) nut.

Basher said:
    Looks splendid!
    I've owned an Eastman mandolin and played a few more, along with some acoustics. If the electrics are anything like as good, they'll be great. I like the aesthetics of them and really fancy the hollow-body with P90s, as I'm unlikely to ever have enough money for a 330. Only thing that puts me off is that many of them have a rather wide (1.75"?) nut.

I think if you hold out and save a little bit more you'll snag a gibsons es 330 for not too much more than the cost of the Eastman new. 

Last time I checked used they were going for £1800-£2000? Not sure if that's changed.