Harley Benton ISO PSU

What's Hot
BobTheSalmonBobTheSalmon Frets: 37
Hi folks
Have any owners of the Harley Benton ISO power supplies found a UK substitute for the mains lead?
I have been using the EU one provided with an adapter, but it means that when plugged in to my mounted extension lead that it sticks up several inches too high to fit in the pedalboard bag. This means I have to plug and unplug it before every gig...
Any help gratefully received
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have the Powerplant Junior. I got fed up with the supplied adapter after a couple of gigs, chopped the plug on and wired on a UK plug I salvaged from a pair of Mrs Pintspiller's old hair crimpers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I have the Powerplant Junior. I got fed up with the supplied adapter after a couple of gigs, chopped the plug on and wired on a UK plug I salvaged from a pair of Mrs Pintspiller's old hair crimpers.
    Hahaha! Great work! Unfortunately, the ISO units come with an unattached 12v supply to the mains, which make this option impossible! 
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    The supplied power brick ought to have a label on it somewhere which states its output voltage, current rating and a symbol indicating if the barrel plug is centre negative or positive.  Armed with that information you will be able to find a UK three pin equivalent.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Was thinking about getting one of these. Following with interest.
  • siremoon said:
    The supplied power brick ought to have a label on it somewhere which states its output voltage, current rating and a symbol indicating if the barrel plug is centre negative or positive.  Armed with that information you will be able to find a UK three pin equivalent.
    Thanks. I have only managed to find a couple and am hoping that this one will be sufficient...will update

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311948149742

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9611
    I have the Powerplant Junior. I got fed up with the supplied adapter after a couple of gigs, chopped the plug on and wired on a UK plug I salvaged from a pair of Mrs Pintspiller's old hair crimpers.
    Hahaha! Great work! Unfortunately, the ISO units come with an unattached 12v supply to the mains, which make this option impossible! 
    I don’t get it - why is it impossible to snip off an EU mains plug and attach a UK mains plug?
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4510
    The ISO power supplies run off a wall wart, as opposed to the PP Jr where the transformer is in the unit itself.  So the OP needs a suitable wall wart with a 3-pin plug.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9611
    Ah, I get it. I assumed it was a laptop-style in-line unit that powered these, with a figure-8 IEC or captive cable to the mains. It shouldn’t be too difficult to find a UK mains psu of some sort to power the Harley Benton though.