Flipping sceptic finger just down side of nail where my pick presses against.

What's Hot
Been practicing the two fast ascending runs in sweet child o mine every day for about 26 days now , I’m up to about 84% of the actual speed  and now my fingers gone sceptic down the side :(

sort of where the quick is there was a bit constantly sticking up so I chewed and trimmed it with some scissors on my Swiss Army knife .  Now it’s gone like when I had my bad ingrown toenail. I managed to practice yesterday ,but it’s worse and puss oozing today and while practicing it was impeding my progress as I choke down on the pick and hold it in such a way that it presses on the affected area.

it sucks . While I watch a couple of series tonight , I am going to soak the finger in a tumbler of salt water  and hopefully it will be better in a few days , I’ve just been putting surgical spirit and germolene on it at the moment  so reinforcing it with saltwater soaks for extended periods may do the trick. 

It’s annoying though as I want to get these passages up to speed , with my finger in good order I can play them well at 70 or 80%  I need to conquer this solo and they are all that’s holding me back 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    I had something like that. Try sterilising a needle in boiling water and lancing it, worked for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s not puckered up ,it’s more of an oozing sore where the quick was , wouldn’t normally bother me on my finger but it’s just in the wrong place ,thanks for the input though. In 87 I had a really bad infected toe from an ingrown nail that wouldn’t get better with antibiotics had it about 5 or 6 months ,they used to have to lance that , I hate ingrown toe nails had em done twice , first doctor had never removed one before, it was quite unpleasant 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Your finger doesn't believe you can play it ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    :lol: 

Legit lol.

Bye!

• Emp_Fab said:
    Eh?? It’s a stupid finger  it needs to adjust its attitude and be more optimistic  . I’ve had it in salt water all night it will get better and it will play at 110%  :)   I’m going to keep bombarding it with saltwater ,alcohol and germoline until it surrenders
  • It’s the James Randi of fingers lol, but resistance is futile
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    I'd wager that it's a septic finger.
  • Omg lol  I see what I have done lol.  It’s a nuisance it feels just like my ingrown toe nails 
    I’ve never been lucky with things going septic I seem prone to it , 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited August 2020
    You’re trying to flip a septic finger? Worse classified ad ever....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    I had a septic finger.............5 months after a very minor dog bite I kept picking a jagged bit by a hangnail where a tiny bit of proud healed skin the size of half a match head .
     I nearly had my hand amputated as a result ..........but 2 hospital stays and a bone graft saved me.
    I had osteomyelitis in the thumb bone going up into the wrist before it became obvious .I was on 24hr intravenous antibiotics for 10 days . 
    I thought I was unusually unlucky but on the ward was a woman who had similar as a result of cutting her finger very slightly on a chipped mug and an old boy who also had similar from a scratch when gardening !!
     Get it lanced and insist on a course of Antibiotics.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    I had a septic finger.............5 months after a very minor dog bite I kept picking a jagged bit by a hangnail where a tiny bit of proud healed skin the size of half a match head .
     I nearly had my hand amputated as a result ..........but 2 hospital stays and a bone graft saved me.
    I had osteomyelitis in the thumb bone going up into the wrist before it became obvious .I was on 24hr intravenous antibiotics for 10 days . 
    I thought I was unusually unlucky but on the ward was a woman who had similar as a result of cutting her finger very slightly on a chipped mug and an old boy who also had similar from a scratch when gardening !!
    That sounds awful ,  it’s a lot less angry today after prolonged salt baths but if it continues after 5 days I’ll go see the MD . Still painful if I mess with it but not like yesterday, not so inflamed and pus either
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Dominic said:
    That sounds awful ,  it’s a lot less angry today after prolonged salt baths but if it continues after 5 days I’ll go see the MD . Still painful if I mess with it but not like yesterday, not so inflamed and pus either
    Get some TCP/Savlon soaking into it too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    Holy shit! That's grim man, sorry that happened to you.

Bye!

• DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    It was 10 years ago but a nasty old business
    My sister is a vet and I always remember her telling me that as a lab experiment you could actually grow a germ culture in Savlon !
    Hibiscrub is far better
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited August 2020
    Not just a sore finger, or an infected finger, no.

A 'septic finger'. Brilliant!, Oh the drama

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4152
    edited August 2020
    MikeS said:
    Not just a sore finger, or an infected finger, no.

A 'septic finger'. Brilliant!, Oh the drama
    It’s got all the hallmarks of a Fox reality show

i often get bad infections that take antibiotics to clear up  they thought it might be sugar diabetes related but my blood sugar tested ok . I’ve had to remove nose and lip piercings in the past 
    Besides other  things I get that seem to constantly re infect

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    You filthy filth dirty piece of sh.............oh, wait a mo.....your pick
    tae be or not tae be
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    It's a Paronychia. Lancing it can causes more problems and it's likely to come back.

Often antibiotics are needed. Go to your GP. 
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    It's a Paronychia. Lancing it can causes more problems and it's likely to come back.

Often antibiotics are needed. Go to your GP. 
    I agree. Almost invariably needs incision but A and E do it rather than DIY!. Antibiotics if streaks up your arms (lymphangitis). Get a blood glucose check as well.

• It doesn’t really need lancing as being as it’s where the nail meets the flesh any buildup seems to escape naturally . The trouble with my toenail first started just because I cut it a bit too short in one spot ,it’s ridiculous  it used to swell up like a plum and had to be cut open