Helix and Midi Pedal: total noob

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
edited August 2020 in FX
So in my house at the moment I have a Rolls MP80EX pedal and a Helix lt. The helix powers the Rolls MP80EX pedal so I know they are working.

However, that's where my knowledge ends. There's switches on the back of the Rolls MP80EX pedal but I haven't a clue what they do apart from they are supposed to select which channel the midi is set to. 

What I'd like to do is to get the looper to be operated by the midi pedal because my LT is up on the desk. 

Help!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The "MIDI" section of the Helix LT manual tells you what MIDI commands you need to send to the LT to operate the looper functions. Its page 59 to 61 in the version I have here. 

You need to set your midi footswitch up so that when you push a switch, the right command is sent to the LT. I don't know the midibuddy so can't help beyond that. 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Thats actually really useful, I didnt think to look in the manual (and im not being sarcastic!) 

If I can just work out how to get them to talk, I may be laughing
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    edited August 2020
    I used to use a Rolls midi pedal and, as far as I can remember it will only send program changes (#pc) via midi. I don't have a Helix LT but suspect it would require a controller to send continuous controller messages (#cc) to operate the looper.

I might be wrong so check the manuals (the Rolls one is definitely available online). If you can't get it to work have a look for a mark 1 Rocktron midi mate. They can be set up to send either #pc or #cc midi messages and they're usually fairly cheap on e-Bay, etc.