SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Vinyl LP collection.

What's Hot
TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7826
Music is precious to me, and I love to share the music I love. 

So, I build nice hifi‘s for family member who love music, have donated six hifi systems in recent years. Vinyl is always at the centre of the system. 

I’m just building one for my daughter now. She’s 20, and crazy about music Just like her crusty old dad.  However, every time I have built a system, I’ve sacrificed part of my vinyl collection  to get others started.  It’s taken a hammering in recent years...

So, now my daughter is getting started, I’m looking to buy a vinyl collection to get her started....to try to save the remainder of my collection from evaporating..

So, looking to buy a whole collection.  I’m not looking for rare pressings, or mint condition collectibles, just basic collection of used unloved vinyl to pass on to an excited new home. . 

Daughter is not into rock, metal or anything like that.  Her tastes are wide (She got me into Brushy One String - king of one string....great album). She likes 60’s, 70, 80’s music through to modern, alternative, new wave, pop etc.  She’s got good taste. 

So, if you have an old collection gathering dust, let me know. Have stuff to trade, or cash if preferred. 

I bought one collection for my niece from here a few years ago, and that went down well, so just looking to do the same again 

if you’re interested, daughter’s hifi is:
NVA P50 passive pre amp
NVA A40 power amp. 
Tannoy System 8 Monitors. 
Sony DVP NS900v CD player (SACD) into a Toppings D30 DAC
Chromcast Audio into the Toppings DAC for music streaming from her phone
and NAD 533 record deck (Rega Plannar 2 based) with upgraded RB250 arm, upgraded bearing, aluminium sub platter, and glass platter with Nagaoka MP200 cartridge.  Lovely system, really rate NVA gear. 
Turntable pre-amp is Schiit Mani, which is freaking awesome!!!  Beat £120 I’ve spent in my life!  Bought another for myself!

Thanks for looking. 

All the best

Marlin

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    I sometimes browse ebay for job lot / vinyl / rock or other similar words. You often see a good collection there. Though I suspect some of them are stripped of the best stuff. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I need to move a load of old vinyl. Want pics? 50's/early 60's stuff.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    @TheMarlin, there is a second hand record shop in Rye, East Sussex called Grammar School Records.  They have a website, it might be worth a phone call to locate exactly what you want.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7826
    I need to move a load of old vinyl. Want pics? 50's/early 60's stuff.
    Yes please. LP’s only though. 
    Cheers
    Marlin
    Bump. 
  • Still looking forward more :)
  • lukedlb said:
    I’m just looking for vinyl to pad out a collection for my daughter, my collection has already been much raided by my niece and nephew.
    Not looking for any collectibles or anything valuable, just an average collection of 70‘s - naughties vinyl that not completely ruined. 

All the best

Marlin
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Ok, marlin. Good luck with the vinyl quest. 
  • I can probably do with thinning out my vinyl collection - if you can collect from London SW19, drop me a PM and i'll put together a list of what I'd be happy to move on :-)
  • Bump 
    Bump
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    I keep trying to talk myself into moving on a load of vinyl. Are you ever in deepest darkest Devon ? (obviously not atm)
    Barrivee said:
    I keep trying to talk myself into moving on a load of vinyl. Are you ever in deepest darkest Devon ? (obviously not atm)
    sorry, missed this. 
    No, but I can arrange a courier to collect :)
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    No problem.

I’ve gone through a few, cleaned them up and played them. I’m now in the situation I’m usually in when I decide to sell a guitar and then start playing it again i.e. debating if I actually want to sell anything.

I think at the root of it all I’m basically a hoarder that will at some point die in a junkalanche. If I ever get to the point where I will move some on I’ll drop you a line. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I started to read your post, and thought I’d help your daughter out and give you my remaining old Led Zeppelin Vinyls and I think I’ve got one Saxon and one Judas Priest, then I saw she doesn’t like rock and stopped reading  :s  :3
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    zepp76 said:
    I started to read your post, and thought I’d help your daughter out and give you my remaining old Led Zeppelin Vinyls and I think I’ve got one Saxon and one Judas Priest, then I saw she doesn’t like rock and stopped reading  :s  :3
    She likes Led Zep, but not Saxon of JP. 
    Marlin :)
    TheMarlin said:
    zepp76 said:
    Doh! Sorry, someone snaffled them by PM about 2 minutes after I posted that. After I checked there was zepp, sabbath, ac/dc, doors, thin lizzy and Motörhead that I forgot I had.
    zepp76 said:
    TheMarlin said:
    zepp76 said:
    Doh! Sorry, someone snaffled them by PM about 2 minutes after I posted that. After I checked there was zepp, sabbath, ac/dc, doors, thin lizzy and Motörhead that I forgot I had.
    Are they all gone?
    TheMarlin said:
    zepp76 said:
    TheMarlin said:
    zepp76 said:
    Are they all gone?
    Yes sorry, gone to a little lad to help start his rock vinyl collection.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom