SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Gretsch G6228 Player's Edition Jet

What's Hot
DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3813
edited August 2020 in Guitars £
Probably going to regret this...

Only bought this in early March off @Hattigol, and hasn't been gigged or taken out at all due to 'you know what'. I bloody love it, looks stunning, sounds killer, and built immaculately in Gretsch's Japanese factory. It's a 2019 model. 

It's the perfect guitar for someone looking for a single cut, twin humbucker guitar, but doesn't want to go for the 'obvious' choice of a Les Paul. The pickups are Gretsch 'Broad Tron' full size humbuckers, which are kinda like vintage PAFs but with a bit more sparkle and clarity in the high end. Much more of a proper thick, rock/classic rock tone than a FilterTron or TV Jones style Gretsch humbucker. 

The Player's Edition means it has some more modern features like locking tuners, so although it looks a little bit vintagey with that squiggly headstock logo, it's very much a 21st century rock machine.

I don't want to have to move it on, but in a moment of madness I've decided to join a 50s style rockabilly/rock n roll band. I'm looking to trade for this Gretsch for a more traditional Gretschey Gretsch if possible! Hollow/semi-hollow, FilterTron/TV Jones style pickups, with a Bigsby is what I'm looking for...

Trades considered:

Any hollow/semi-hollow Player's Edition MiJ Gretsch with a Bigsby (I'm thinking Broadkaster, Country Gent, Anniversary)

Duesenberg with a Les Trem - Caribou, Starplayer TV, Julia, Fullerton etc

Eastman with a Bigsby - T486B, T64, T59 etc

Anything else of a similar vibe. 

Haven't got round to taking my own pictures yet, but here's a picture of it from Hattigol's original FS thread. (It's in this exact same condition, as it's never left my music room.)

And here's a video of Jack from Peach playing it a thousand times better than I ever could...

https://youtu.be/af3ngDHq9R8 

*Edited to add FS price - £1300
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Lovely guitar. And @Dontgiveupyourdayjob is a top bloke to deal with. 
    GLWTS.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pm'd you. 
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Looks lush ! 
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    I’m not seeing an FS price?
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9273
    Unless you need a bigsby, just swap the pickups from some tv jones classics. That guitar will get you there then
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3186
    chris78 said:
    Unless you need a bigsby, just swap the pickups from some tv jones classics. That guitar will get you there then
    And there are plenty of reversible retrofit options for a bigsby that would work -the Towner system might be worth a look. 

I agree with @chris78 far better to keep it.
  • I have this exact guitar, it’s amazing.
  • Bump

Edited original post to include FS price

Would also potentially consider a trade for a nice Tele with a Bigsby.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Nice guitar.

To avoid any future issues, can you clarify whether Eddie Cochrane played this model or not?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Bump, with added pictorial goodness...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bumpitty bump 
  • Bump, and now just 'for sale' as I've gone and done something rash and impulsive and splurged a load of cash I don't have on another Gretsch! :#
  • Sold, thanks to eBay's £1 max fee selling offer!