Drop B is fun - New video - Faster.

What's Hot
My band made a new video of Faster by Within Temptation. 

I had to use standard tuning but with a drop B.  My super slinky was flapping around like a loose sail in the wind but it came out OK.  Our singer hits those high notes just fine :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Drop B on a 24.5 scale? Fair play! Ive been doing drop B on a 26.5 scale with a 60 and it wasnt too bad. 

Sounds good thou!
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4093
    @Jetfire cheers,  yeah with a 42 super slinky.   It was a bit loose, and over zealous fretting sent it way sharp.  Gentle touch,  easy does it ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    feather light touch! lol

She can defo hit those notes, along with the harmonies! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
     B) 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Good job man, been playing that song for years and it's not an easy one to pull off on a six string.
    Bezzer said:
    Good job man, been playing that song for years and it's not an easy one to pull off on a six string.
    Cheers @Bezzer I wondered how they originally played it,  thought it might be a baritone perhaps. 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    edited August 2020
    @fastonebaz its a mix, so it’s hard to tell but that was a 7 string when I saw them last, they do use baritones and 8s too now. 

Bloody cracking band. She gets overlooked in the genre sometimes because of Nightwishers Tarja and Floor but I think Sharon’s voice is phenomenal.
    @Bezzer I agree she is a superb singer.  I hadn't heard of them before but watched a few live clips and she's ace.   Nightwish do seem to be alot bigger though yes but not really my bag though,  they are a bit like a gothic metal Irish jig :)