SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Gibson SG - 2013 or 61 Reissue

What's Hot
AK99AK99 Frets: 1577
edited August 2020 in Guitars £
Still on the hunt for a decent SG. Have been looking at some of the rather excellent Japanese copies, but I think it may be easier to find a Gibson of the right spec.

Preference would be for a later one - from one of the two models described - the 2013 Standard or 61 Reissue.

Would really like a one-piece body, but if I got a 2-piece at the right price, would give it serious consideration. (Would also consider a distress-sale Custom Shop offering if anybody's really desperate / in a rush for hard cash - but won't hold my breath on that front )

If you have something you'd let go - please let me know.

Thanks,
Alan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lentolento Frets: 116
    I have the Gibson SG Original which was a 61 Reissue made in 2013 model (they only made these for 2013/14) It has the Maestro fitted and comes with case but no paperwork. I'll put some pictures up later today.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1577
    Yeah do please. You can send me on some info on what kind of price you're thinking of too if you like - thanks lento.
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    edited August 2020

Withdrawn ....

That's a pretty decent SG Original - shouldn't take too long to find a buyer for one like that lento.

Anybody else got a 2013 or '61 Reissue - or similar - taking up space/tying up funds that they could do with freeing up ?
    Let me know. 

Thx, Alan

• Ben1984Ben1984 Frets: 111
    @AK99 there's one on gumtree with a one -piece body in heritage cherry it's based in Stratford upon Avon....just a thought 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2020
    Ben - thanks for that. Looks worth a shot. 

Out of curiosity - the ad says the finish is Nitro. I thought the Standards of that era - 2010 were all poly finish - no ?
    @AK99 no problem it's a great looking sg with some nice grain on the body... to my knowledge Gibson have used nitro on all their guitars .
    Ah good to know.

Out of luck on that one - collection only alas. The search continues ..
    @AK99 ; ahhh hope you find one buddy good luck .