SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All Done - Feline Baretta(Withdrawn) , Gibson LP Custom Shop 58(SOLD) Slash(SOLD), Feline Lion(SOLD)

What's Hot
TheGASManTheGASMan Frets: 385
edited October 2020 in Guitars £
Hi All
I have discovered a new hobby which is surprisingly expensive so need to raise cash and am offering the following (I work LIFO so these were my last 3 except the Feline 25th which is a permanent fixture)

1. Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul '58 MTM 2019 Aged

• Mahogany Body w/ 2-Piece Maple Top 
  • Solid Mahogany Neck 
  • Indian Rosewood Fingerboard w/ Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid Inlays
  • Custombucker Alnico III Pickups (Unpotted)
  • CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers & Paper-in-Oil Capacitors 
  • Kluson Single Line Tuners
  • No-Wire ABR-1 Bridge w/ Lightweight Stopbar 
  • Weight 8lb 9.6oz
Comes with Case, original Box and all case candy including COA - more pics or details on request

Looking for £4499 £3999 (Will look at PX on this one as long as I get about half in cash)

2. Feline Lion in Purple Original made for Thorpy - I am sure you have all seen this before, nothing wrong with it just need the cash

FWIW, my review is - Lovely playing guitar as with all Feline and excellent build quality, the differences to current models are the weight (9lb 6oz) a bit heavy but still perfectly balanced. PRS style headstock - not to everyones taste I know, and PRS style pick up spacing - question often asked is how does closeness of Bridge to pup afect sound - IMO not an issue as the Aftermaths in it are tight and expressive. One small mark on body and a little laquer cracking near nut - both pictured.
   Aftermath Pups - With Coil split (Small switch pictured)
   Mahaogany neck and body with Maple Top
   Jumbo frets
   Sperzel Locking Tuners

I can get more details from Jonathan if required

Some early pics - https://imgur.com/a/HuwQxXZ

Looking for a reasonable £1250 or close which reflects all issues, weight headstock etc. - No trades on this thanks

3. Feline Baretta

Alder Body
    Birdseye Maple neck and board (light figuring)
    Original Floyd Rose (Not recessed so easy to drop D)
    ASL Eruption Pickup (Oil City)
    Sperzel Tuners

Looking for £899  £725 delivered - Firm - No trades on this thanks

Gibson Slash Les Paul Standard November Rain - As New in CAse and original Box with all paperwork

Pics

Spec as per Gibson Website

Weight is a shade under 9lbs - Plays excellently

£2199 £1925 delivered - Firm on this price

If I have missed any details please ask

Can post all guitars as they are cased and boxed - Can also meet within reasonable distance of Sevenoaks Kent or you can come and pickup under "usual" social distancing rules

Thanks for looking
Andrew

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheGASManTheGASMan Frets: 385
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    just out of curiosity what is the new hobby. It must be something really good to give up these beauties.  GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    phil_b said:
    just out of curiosity what is the new hobby. It must be something really good to give up these beauties.  GLWTS
    Buying guitars  =)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    phil_b said:
    SIM Racing
    I always enjoyed playing racing games when I was younger and now the tech for Sim racing has improved substantially I thought I would give it a go - I have bought a really good cockpit and have borrowed my sons Logitech wheel but as the GAS appears transferable I have since ordered new gear which arrives tomorrow. The Feline Slash paid for that - now I would like a new monitor more wheels etc. So more guitars need to go
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 445
    TheGASMan said:
    phil_b said:
    SIM Racing
    I always enjoyed playing racing games when I was younger and now the tech for Sim racing has improved substantially I thought I would give it a go - I have bought a really good cockpit and have borrowed my sons Logitech wheel but as the GAS appears transferable I have since ordered new gear which arrives tomorrow. The Feline Slash paid for that - now I would like a new monitor more wheels etc. So more guitars need to go
    Brilliant. I love a good Andrew GAS story. 
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 178
    love that R8
    Midweek bump
    Gibson Withdrawn - Open to sensible offers on Felines - I need a new monitor and steering wheels
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    edited August 2020
    you gone down the fanatic route?

edit auto correct changed Fanatec to fanatic lol

the feline lion is stunning, does it have the prs scale length of 25"

Yes I have indeed
    CSW 2.5 + V3 pedals + Universal hub and forza wheel + Shifter
  • HullboyHullboy Frets: 74
    What is the official story on why the bridge pickup is so close to the bridge? Was this an intentional design and for what reason? 

Thanks. 
    Well I would defer to Jonathan @FelineGuitars ; on that one - it's a result of the scale length remaining at 24.75 but the pickup spacing being as a PRS - as far as I am aware

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I had the forza wheel a number of years ago with my xbox 360, it was a cracking bit of kit. My wife would murder me if i bought another wheel setup i think. Mind you the feline is tempting me and that might be just as bad  =)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited August 2020 tFB Trader
    It wasn't something we planned for a sonic reason. 
    Think we used a routing template for the spacing of humbuckers on a PRS which put the bridge unit a few mm closer than it would have been on a Gibson scale template . 
    We had been making some 25" scale Lions with that headstock so it may have been that.

It could make the bridge pickup sound fractionally brighter, although that guitar has always had very beefy or dark sounding pickups in it. Nobody who has owned the guitar has reported any audible issue - if anything it has tightened up the low end response pickups like Nailbombs or Aftermaths.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Gibson back in the mix and price reduced to £3999 - I really want some more SIM gear
    Sunday Bump