SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Singer Wanted - Northampton - POSITION FILLED

What's Hot
MoANjAmMoANjAm Frets: 12
edited July 2014 in Personnel

Can you sing? Can you give the required energy and passion that good songs deserve and project that to an audience? Do you want to have a laugh and a beer too? Then get in touch.

We need a confident, dependable, experienced singer for our band (guy or girl) with decent voice, good banter and great attitude. We like to listen to and play all sorts of music but essentially it’s going to be loud, punchy, driving rock tunes with a bit of light and shade here and there. Everything from 70’s punk and classic rock, 80’s metal and 90’s rock and the indie bands too.  Twin guitars, bass, drums and you?

We’ve got a list of cover tunes ready to learn as well as a good selection of previous tunes and songs from our previous bands. And we’d want your suggestions too. But it’s mostly going to be covers to get things going. We are not an originals only band.

We’re a new band but we are not new to performing or playing…call us mature if you like. We realise that getting the right people in the band, ones that you can work with and bounce ideas off is key…but that’s proving very difficult to achieve so we want to get it right. We don’t expect you to give up your job for this (we certainly aren’t going to do that) but there’s a degree of commitment that comes with every good band and we need you to meet that.

We currently rehearse in Northampton most weekends and we’re looking to get gigging in a few months. Gigs are waiting…and so are we.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    pm'd
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24169
    Hello JD!

Glad you made it over here!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Hello JD!

@fretmeister Is that who I think it is? (assuming you can guess who it is I think it is).
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24169
    It is!
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Well I have no idea who it is, or even who I think it is, let alone who you think it is, so now I have got myself really confused.  ;)

Anyway, I just thought I would say what a nicely written advert that is, good luck  :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoANjAmMoANjAm Frets: 12
    I can def confirm that it's me...or so I'm led to believe.
  • MoANjAmMoANjAm Frets: 12
    Hello JD!

Glad you made it over here!
    Wotcher!