SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD SILVERFACE FENDER vibrolux COMBO on hold. (MORGAN SOLD)

4on64on6 Frets: 86
edited November 2020 in Amps £
Morgan RCA 35R (reverb) is in superb condition. It’s a Morgan’s own design. Hand wired turret board construction. All valve of course. Output uses 2x 6L6s at the moment but you can use any octal valve without re-biasing. 1x12 Celestion creamback (lush!) and footswitchable reverb. 
To me it’s a bit like a nice Fender but with some other character mixed in in the mids ... he says Voxy Marshally but that’s obviously trite sales talk. It does sound very balanced though. It's warm and detailed and fills the room without sounding piercing. The eq section has a marked effect without ever loosing the amps identity.
Single channel with master volume that can get some classic rock overdrive. It overdrives quite differently to a Fender amp. Not hi gain though.
Demo here with the man himself :- https://youtu.be/aQJRf7mpL0Q
Takes pedals very happily thank you. 
Comes with a roqsolid cover. I bought it 2nd hand for £1150 on this 'ere forum and just want to break evenish. So £1150 £1100

Vibrolux 2x10 silverface. (1979/80 as far as I can tell from the transformer codes) All proper point wired construction. Original Fender labelled speakers (anyone know what they are?? Utah?? Oxford?) I had an Eminence in for a while but will refit the Fender one for the sale.. 
I had it serviced by Malcolm Hinds at MPH ... I asked him to replace the vol pot on the vib channel as it was very “all or nothing” before (which is standard).. it’s much more progressive now and it no longer has the pull for boost function which very few people like anyway. He also modded the reverb to be a bit deeper and replaced a couple of caps that were on their way out. 
 It’s a lovely big sounding amp when you get it in the sweet spot. Cleans ... well you know... classic Fender for real, it's not the benchmark without a reason. Silver face drive is not everyones cuppa but it can work well with the right pedal to help it along. I found a fulldrive was really cool... I won't mention the D word but... 
I used to have a reezafratzitz pedal that it definitely didn’t like but haven’t had any trouble with anything else, hi gain pedals included, (a tone freak severe, an old mxr distortion+, a love pedal amp11, the aforementioned fulldrive even a cheap donner morpher).
It has a few knicks and scrapes of a gigging amp but no sign of abuse. Comes with an ill fitting cover that at least protects it. £900 £850 seems more than fair. 
Have I missed anything? Hit me up. 
Not really interested in trades at the moment, sorry (unless it's a 335.. hmmm maybe?). 
I’m based in East London. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments