NGD Lowden content

I had a crisis of competence before I bought this but I love it. Big thanks to Coda music because as usual they were brilliant 

https://i.imgur.com/y0WPOxn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YsgAT0m.jpg

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    That's stunning looking and I imagine sounds amazing too... dream guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AllthegearNoideaAllthegearNoidea Frets: 293
    edited August 2020
    Far above my competence but I love it. I find  it inspiring 
  • F35 ebony & sinker redwood...you don’t hang around! ;)
  • F35 ebony & sinker redwood...you don’t hang around! ;)
    I’ve been dreaming of one for a while. Really pleased with it. 
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    I'm concerned that should I go out shopping for a new acoustic anywhere that has such beautiful instruments that I'd fall in love with one and have to bring it home... part of me thinks that it would serve as the perfect inspiration to play more and practice seriously rather than noodle around... which your post supports... a slippery slope beckons hehe but what a beautiful instrument... enjoy! Please whatever you do please don't post any more pics or sound files ;)
  • Beautiful guitar! I have been wondering about a Lowden for some time - for fingerstyle only. Did you compare to the sinker redwood & rosewood 35 model? In terms of sound/tone, what do get from the more exotic wood combinations compared to basic series eg F25 and F32? Thanks!
  • AllthegearNoideaAllthegearNoidea Frets: 293
    edited August 2020
    I found that the bass was great and the note separation was good.  I’m primarily using it for finger style and it seemed very good for this compared to the other guitars I was able to try. Research showed that it should open up well. The other guitars seemed quite bright to my ears especially when played with a pick. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    Beautiful! I don't play acoustic but I still dream of owning a Lowden one day
  • Man alive, that is gorgeous !

I played a few at Coda some years ago, and the sound has haunted me since...
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    I treat my Lowden as almost another instrument entirely, never playing the songs I'd usually play on my D18 on it. It requires a different touch yet rewards with an almost harp like clarity and sustain that really inspires me. Mine spends a lot of the time in open tunings, and the ringing of open strings while you pick out a melody is always jaw droppingly beautiful. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    That's lovely. Enjoy it!

Mine was by far the best guitar I've ever owned.

They also smell fantastic every time you open the case.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to