SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Duesenberg Starplayer Special - Surf Green - £800 or part ex for double humbucker guitar

What's Hot
dombennisondombennison Frets: 99
edited September 2020 in Guitars £
I was hoping to hang on to this incredible guitar but needs must to fund a house move! Fantastic build quality, immaculate condition and tons of great features. The dual tone circuit gives you full humbucker tones and glassy single coil tones in one guitar- and it’s blendable so you can stop at any point in between. The almost satin feeling neck is super quick and comfortable.

https://imgur.com/a/AN55lnI

I’d be happy to take another dual humbucker guitar in part ex with £400-500 my way (Gibson, Fender, PRS preferred but open to options - nothing super modern/pointy). Otherwise, I’m looking for £800 for it. (Reduced from 900)

I'm based near Leeds/Castleford for collection or I'd be happy to post it at buyer's cost.

Includes the original Duesenberg hard case. See below for spec:

NECK
Neck Joint:Bolt-on
Wood:2-piece maple
Width:42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
Thickness:21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
Shape:D
Fingerboard:Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
Inlays:Cream dots
Frets:22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
Scale length:648 mm / 25.5"
Trussrod:Steel dual-action
Headstock:Black
BODY
Type:Solidbody, alder
Top:Contoured
Size:44 x 32,5 cm - 17.32" x 12.6"
Height (sides):4.5 cm / 1.8"
Binding:Cream
Pickguard:Cream
Finish:PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
HARDWARE
Tuners:Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Tulip" buttons
Bridge:Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
Tailpiece:Aluminium stop tailpiece
Strap pins:Duesenberg standard
Hardware color:Nickel
Strings:Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
ELECTRICS
Pickup (neck):Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
Pickup (middle):-
Pickup (bridge):Duesenberg CrunchBucker
Wiring:1 volume, 1 multi-tone, 3-way pickup selector

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump - price dropped to £800. 
    Part ex with a double humbucker guitar still an ideal option too. Something like a MIM Fender tele deluxe would be lovely. Or maybe an epi sheraton. Something classic and humbucker-y
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654
    If anyone is looking at this and not sure it’s the full Dooooozy, they really are. I know they are sometimes marketed as entry level because of the bolt on, unpainted maple neck. It is made like a tele and it looks like a LP but they play every bit the Duesenberg and feel superbly premium. 

I don’t know the seller by the way. Just thought I’d share a view as a fellow Special owner. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajl said:
    If anyone is looking at this and not sure it’s the full Dooooozy, they really are. I know they are sometimes marketed as entry level because of the bolt on, unpainted maple neck. It is made like a tele and it looks like a LP but they play every bit the Duesenberg and feel superbly premium. 

I don’t know the seller by the way. Just thought I’d share a view as a fellow Special owner. 
    Thanks so much for adding this mate! Couldn't agree more. It's a beautiful guitar that I'd definitely be keeping if our house deposit hadn't just gone up another 5% haha
    It does a mean LP and Strat/Tele. The extra bite from the longer scale length on an LP body just makes it cut through perfectly.
    Super well made guitar. Dammit, I'll be having another one for sure
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom