Recommend me Truefire courses

What's Hot
Hello,

got a fair amount of Truefire credit for my bday, and I thought I would check if any courses have stood out for you. Might get some good ideas beyond my usual comfort zone! Anything that took your playing up a notch, or unlocked something?

As a rough guide:

- I'd probably describe myself as intermediate/late intermediate kind of player
- mostly into blues/soul/jazz but open to anything that could benefit my playing overall!
- pretty comfortable improvising slower, more melodic solos, but I've never quite managed to string together faster/longer runs too, which kinda hinders my ability to be more dynamic when improvising

Thanks for any recommendations!
Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 733
    Tim Miller: If you like Modern Jazz, IMOH it's the best on truefire.

https://truefire.com/jazz-guitar-lessons/creative-arpeggio-design/c958
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Sweet, thank you!
  • I had an email from them offering All Access for $99. I'm tempted as I could use some structure. For that sort of money it seems worth trying.
    Actually I did see that (although $149 for me!) and as I got $100 worth of vouchers I'm actually tempted... Especially as I was perhaps looking to buy a Larry Carlton or Robben Ford course and that's already $60
  • Actually I did see that (although $149 for me!) and as I got $100 worth of vouchers I'm actually tempted... Especially as I was perhaps looking to buy a Larry Carlton or Robben Ford course and that's already $60
    I can pm the code if you want to try it for $99
    Actually I did see that (although $149 for me!) and as I got $100 worth of vouchers I'm actually tempted... Especially as I was perhaps looking to buy a Larry Carlton or Robben Ford course and that's already $60
    I can pm the code if you want to try it for $99
    Ah mate that would be sweet
  • I've signed up. Its <£80 for a year and there is plenty of content. I'm going to force myself to focus on the rhythm just to begin with because I have very little of that!
    Same - thanks to your good tip! Might dive into one of their learning paths to avoid the temptation to spend a couple minutes on a bunch courses
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Same - thanks to your good tip! Might dive into one of their learning paths to avoid the temptation to spend a couple minutes on a bunch courses
    @PonchoGreg ;
    Have you had a go yet at any of the learning paths?  They look interesting to me too, especially as I found an old email code for the $99 price.

• duotone said:
    @PonchoGreg ;
    Have you had a go yet at any of the learning paths?  They look interesting to me too, especially as I found an old email code for the $99 price.

I've only just started the blues one, but maybe from the 4th or 5th course as the others seemed very basic. But I may have bitten more than I could chew and might have to aim for the one before that first :)

After the first couple of courses they tend to be more of a "best of" other specific courses I think

But I already picked up a couple of interesting insight into linking scale patterns I'd never thought of before so happy so far!
    Thanks! I appreciate it.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • I regularly look in the $5 sales section to see if there's anything I'd buy. The $5 sales section is constantly changing, you'll be surprised what pops up in there.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    GuyBoden said:
    I regularly look in the $5 sales section to see if there's anything I'd buy. The $5 sales section is constantly changing, you'll be surprised what pops up in there.
    Good call, I should actually do that. I just assumed the $5 ones were just the shorter videos.
  • Tim Lerch ,solo jazz fingerstyle predominantly, very nice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotone said:
    GuyBoden said:
    I regularly look in the $5 sales section to see if there's anything I'd buy. The $5 sales section is constantly changing, you'll be surprised what pops up in there.
    Good call, I should actually do that. I just assumed the $5 ones were just the shorter videos.
    No ive bought a rack of 5$ Dloads, some of them are 9 or more hours

• Tim Lerch ,solo jazz fingerstyle predominantly, very nice

My man! Didn't know he was on Truefire. Love this guy.

Gonna get stuck in with his jazz blues course, see if I can pick up a few things.

thanks!