SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Looking for the K-Line Truxton

What's Hot
merlinmerlin Frets: 6597
edited August 2020 in Guitars £
I used to own a K-Line Truxton that I bought from none other than forum hero @JerkMoans. It also spent some time in the clutches of @mgaw.

This one;

If it's out there, or something similarish, preferable a K-Line with body contours and a rosewood board, and someone wants rid....please let me know. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    @merlin - you can't go a-sniffin' round after your ex, man.  Have some self-respect.

(if you see Mandy, tell her 'hi'.  And I'm sorry about the drinking. And the arrest for indecent exposure.)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • dubberdubber Frets: 34
    The one linked above is for sale not too far away from me ... Mandy seems to have gotten around quite a bit - is it the neck profile people don't get on with?
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6597
    I've been on and off with Telecasters for some time. Currently on and I own a denuded (stripped) and oiled up (with tru-oil) Baja (work done by me, innit)  that weighs less that 7lbs and is absolutely lovely. 

I liked the Truxton very much, even the neck profile, but ultimately didn't gel 100%. Not sure why...
  • CastroCastro Frets: 510
    I'm a huge Chris Kronlein fan. Have his Epic 54 pickups in a Fender Mex Strat and I have a Truxton with a pair of his gold foils. It makes me weep with joy.
  • dubberdubber Frets: 34
    I picked up "Mandy", I can see why you want her back, cracking guitar ... I can't quite get my head around how multiple owners moved her on ...  how good must the Tele's be that replaced her :-) Anyway, good luck with the search.
  • Rosewood Springfield of interest?
  • johnbiffa said:
    Rosewood Springfield of interest?
    Bloody great guitars those !
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @johnbiffa I am! Pmd
    johnbiffa said:
    Rosewood Springfield of interest?
    JohnCordy said:
    @johnbiffa I am! Pmd
    Looks like he was asking me....
  • Well that was quick, no longer available
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    Snaffled indeed !!! =)
    edited October 2020
    Snaffled indeed !!!
    I think wrongly.

I would probably have had that Springfield. And I feel that the person who posted should have waited for my response (and/or PMed me too) and the person who responded should have waited for (or PMed) me to find out. 

I think it's pretty bad form.

Often when I've responded to someone's WTB thread and I've offered something they want or similar, then if anyone else wants it, I'll wait until I hear from the OP. It's only polite. Same the other way, if I see something I want that's posted in someone else's thread then I write to them and say "If XYZ doesn't want it, then I'd love to have it please". It's happened several times and is good manners.

And I think probably forum protocol. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • tsj93tsj93 Frets: 49
    agreed with @merlin ttbh
  • I apologise for this perceived lack of etiquette
    edited October 2020
    johnbiffa said:
    I apologise for this perceived lack of etiquette
    "Perceived"? If you only consider it as "perceived" then you're not actually apologising. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok sorry now good luck in your quest
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 415
    JohnCordy said:
    @johnbiffa I am! Pmd
    Wow that Springfield is nice!! Saw it on your latest YouTube video. You have two Spingfields now, would you consider selling one? 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    I borrowed that one for a week from the most gentlemanly @DrCornelius with a view to buying it but it wasn’t for me. Nice and light though iirc.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/