Guitar Rig 6 Pro announced

What's Hot
BodBod Frets: 1286
edited September 2020 in Studio & Recording
And there I was thinking they'd abandoned GR, but no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxs4EWRRRQY

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks interesting. I think I'll wait until the next discount on the Komplete upgrade.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    Looks interesting. I think I'll wait until the next discount on the Komplete upgrade.

That's my plan too.  I'm on Komplete 11 Ultimate, so can't really stomach the upgrade price right now.  For me, 12 wasn't a worthwhile upgrade, but this definitely is.
  • Yup, going to wait for the discounts... Looking forward to an in-depth demo of gp6 though as 5 was showing its age and things have moved on massively in the modeling world.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Bod said:
    Looks interesting. I think I'll wait until the next discount on the Komplete upgrade.

That's my plan too.  I'm on Komplete 11 Ultimate, so can't really stomach the upgrade price right now.  For me, 12 wasn't a worthwhile upgrade, but this definitely is.

They sent me an offer of £399 to upgrade from 11U to 13U .. I'll pass until there's a discount as well. October launch to cash in on Christmas ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Anyone know what products were affected by the layoffs at NI - the CEO wants a 'unified' product with a focus on key sectors - if that's just DJ's I'll be off. Apparently 20% of the workforce went.

• BodBod Frets: 1286
    edited September 2020
    Fretwired said:
    Anyone know what products were affected by the layoffs at NI - the CEO wants a 'unified' product with a focus on key sectors - if that's just DJ's I'll be off. Apparently 20% of the workforce went.
    That was last year wasn't it, or has there been another set of layoffs since?
    Bod said:
    Fretwired said:
    That was last year wasn't it, or has there been another set of layoffs since?

Started last year into this so will impact Komplete 13. The CEO said it was a change of focus and not due to the company losing money - he said profits and revenues were up. Apparently Behringer took a lot the people made redundant so I'm guessing they were hardware engineers. So maybe NI will go software only - I really don't know.

• Is the collector's edition worth it?
    £419 upgrade on pre-order
    £339 for k13 ultimate
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Is the collector's edition worth it?
    £419 upgrade on pre-order
    £339 for k13 ultimate
    IMHO not usually.
    People doing serious orchestral scoring tend to use VSL or Spitfire.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I used GR all the time years ago, but all the gain sounds had horrible noise problems. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    I use GR a lot, but I do find it doesn't sound as "pure" as some other VSTs, notably the Waves guitar stuff. I@m interested to see how it goes tbh, I do like the interface and it works well. Some good nutty out there stuff in there too, which suits some of the stuff I do.
    I'll be getting the Komp update, just a question of when I think the best price will be out.
    Reading on the NI Community I'm underwhelmed with the new update. Only the three new amps use the latest tech. The other amps are the same as Guitar Rig 5. The major changes are the interface and the ability to add IRs. Future development will be down to what the NI Community wants.