M.B. Guitars - Vintage Correct Guitars & Basses

MikeBowesMikeBowes Frets: 340
edited September 2020 in Made in the UK
Hi All

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. (Mods please let me know how I move to correct area if this post is not allowed here!)

My name is Mike and I have recently set up M.B. Guitars. I offer vintage correct, pre CBS style S & T type guitars and also J & P bass. I started building around 12 years ago but spent the last 8 years working in the band merchandise industry, supplying merchandise to bands and going on the road touring with bands as a merchandiser at the shows, working with big artists/bands such as ACDC, David Gilmour, Aerosmith to name a few. 

Like everyone in the live music industry, Covid has meant I cannot go back to work yet, so, to keep my hands and head busy (and to help pay the bills!) I have gone back to the other thing I know and love.. guitar making! I have always been super passionate about vintage strats and teles and used to run Operationstrat back in the day, offering vintage style aged strat style guitars. 

So I'm back as M.B. Guitars, offering high end vintage spec instruments. I do everything myself as a one man band, and use the best repro parts available on the market today, following original build processes. My aim is to to offer vintage correct instruments that feel, sound and look like the originals. 

I know the vintage/aged guitar market is saturated but this is what I know and love and I hope my passion and attention to detail  comes across in what you see.

I am currently taking custom orders, offering options on neck profiles, fingerboard radius, fret size, etc, and occasionally make a few on the side and put them up for sale, whilst documenting all my builds on my Instagram & Facebook accounts. (@mbguitarsuk)

Below is a link to my website & Instagram account which show examples of my work, and I have lots of new builds coming up, so if you're interested then please check out my Instagram. 

Thanks for your support, I'm looking forward to sharing pictures of my future builds with you all!

Thanks
Mike 

http://www.mbguitars.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/mbguitarsuk/

Mike Bowes, M.B. Guitars
www.mbguitars.co.uk
INSTAGRAM
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 452
    Mike, the website looks great. Good luck with this! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9277
    Your work looks lovely, Mike, so best of luck.
    Personally I think you’ll need to get some videos up and some more pics. It’s a big ask for someone to drop over £2k on a guitar with limited information, but I’ll be interested to see how your business goes and please keep us updated with your builds. We all want smaller British companies to succeed,
  • I am going for a tele and so far Mike has been great - hoping to see build thread on my one and others in future.
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    I am going for a tele and so far Mike has been great - hoping to see build thread on my one and others in future.
    Very cool - I dig MB's work & am following progress on Instagram - look forward to seeing your Tele come together !