SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Found - ‘59 Sunburst American Vintage Strat (bought from Timeline88 -please read review)

marxskimarxski Frets: 250
edited October 2020 in Guitars £
Hi everyone - I bought a beautiful 2012 ‘59 American Vintage Stratocaster in Sherwood Green Metallic from Joe AKA Timeline88.

The guitar is fantastic. We were going to meet in person but due to Covid we in the end did it via UPS. Joe was incredibly patient and fair waiting for me to rustle up the funds and had to wait rather a long time for the PayPal eCheque to clear. He described the guitar exactly as it arrived and the packaging and comms were as good as it gets. We had some good conversations during our transaction. In short, he's a good person and wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again. Thanks for the new strings as well mate.

About the '59 American Reissue Strat - Fender only made them for a few years and they are very underrated. I would say they are close to Fender NOS quality. Incredible attention to detail - very vintage accurate...Pat Pend bridge saddles, dark 'clay' dots, perfect contours and neck shape and the 'green' pickguard not only has the correct wide bevel shape but is made of real Celluloid Nitrate (whiffs of pear drops when it is rubbed or scratched in a non-visible area - it's the real stuff which originally came from a factory in Italy. Interestingly, one of the things people moaned about with these reissues was the finishes being really fragile, this finish is thin (good) but it isn;t as fragile as my '65 Firemist Silver Jazzmaster from the same era of reissues so I'm guessing Fender worked on the nitro paint formula. The neck has some nice figuring - subtle but a bit of flame. The guitar weighs 7.8lbs which is a good weight.  To me, it's pretty clear why Fender stopped making these - they are too close to the Custom Shop models and probably cost too much to make. 

----------------------------

Hi I’m looking for a Sunburst/Rosewood ‘59 American Vintage Stratocaster. The one they built between 2012 and 2016 roughly with the Flash Coat finish. Drop me a message if you are selling. Will travel and pay cash.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom