Spitfire Audio BBC Orchestra "Discover". FREE.... GRATIS..... NO MONEY.... and legal.

I'm a sad individual with no musician friends, therefore I have to do everything myself.
I'd like to bring to your notice a product I found recently.
It's called BBC Symphony Orchestra "Discover" from Spitfire Audio.
It has its own interface, no loading samples into Kontakt or whatever.
These are real samples and they are unique for two reasons. It is TINY, the whole library is about 200MB and, you can order it and pay 49 Euros, or you can wait for two weeks after ordering and download it for FREE.
It has a couple of bigger brothers that'll take 600 GB on your drive and 999 Euros from your pocket.
Guys, and girls, I can't recommend this enough, it's a whole orchestra for free.           
Here's a link.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think it's fab. Used it on a few things during Lockdown.
  • I’ve just got it. Not had chance to try it yet.  
  • I've just started messing around with this too.  It's great.  I went for the free version by filling in the form but then 2 days later bought it at £49 as I didn't want to wait!!

This coupled with the free LABS VSTs gives you some amazing sounds.  
    https://labs.spitfireaudio.com/

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Another fan here, and anyone interested in this kind of thing should look into Pluginguru's Unify plugin.They have something very exciting coming soon which will blow your minds.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    That and the labs are *all over* stuff I've been producing over the Covid era. Incredible products!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    edited September 2020
    Been using a few Spitfire libraries for a while.
    The articulations are quite limited in the free version but considering it is free you can't be too picky. :)

Albion is amazing.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    Got this recently....some good stuff there. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    skip to 6 minutes to see what is coming with this plugin.

When you start to get your head around what Unify does, it becomes a no-brainer.
  • octatonic said:
    Been using a few Spitfire libraries for a while.
    The articulations are quite limited in the free version but considering it is free you can't be too picky. :)

Albion is amazing.
    I am so tempted by Albion but it would be completely and utterly wasted on me.  The free version is more than sufficient for me to endulge my delusions of writing a film score.  Bloody GAS though............

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9702
    edited July 2023
    I've just tried to use this software properly for the first time since I actually downloaded it ages ago and found, much to the pain of my ears, that the dynamics are not controlled by the input velocity but rather by midi cc, which is a real pain in the arse when you're trying to input an existing midi file.

Also super annoying that you seemingly have to create a separate instance of the plugin for every different instrument, which when you're importing an orchestral piece of music with about 15 different instrumental parts is extremely frustrating and painful (and slow)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic