Marillion Couch Convention

What's Hot
thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
edited September 2020 in Music
Anyone else attending this weekends Couch Convention?

Basically Marillion are streaming three full live album recitals recorded at their biannual conventions for fans to watch at home.  Now most of already own these but the streaming bit means we all watch at the same time as their is massive interaction with the band and manager via social media.   In addition they are running live interviews, bass and drum clinics, quizzes, cocktail making lessons, even a online dog show....   Anyway great fun and just wondering if anyone else her was partaking?

A linky if anyone is interested.

https://www.marillionweekend.com/athome/main/?fbclid=IwAR1rWuWgM9eg9cU0_rPo_fDOPvkwxa0hjfPwOSXeGbD5WXX3r-uExKvPF38

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Never been to one of their weekends, despite being a big fan, but I bet they are great.

Watched this interview with Fish recently, he's on great form and obviously enjoying life. He talked about how the reissue of Script was paying his bills during lockdown and how ironic that was! 

• I saw that as well.  He does a regular Fish on Friday thing.  Both Fish and Hogarth are great in interviews as just ask a simple question and they both have the ability to talk for hours.  Music industry is having a touch time at the moment and this couch convention has involved a lot of dedicated merchandise to keep some money rolling in.  

• Ooh tonight they streamed a project I've been involved with - Mark Kelly's Marathon!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    edited September 2020

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordy said:

I was impressed with this.  I've already signed up for the preorder.

• @thumpingrug they're super cool and friendly which was so encouraging hah
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom