SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTT Line 6 HX Effects for Line 6 HX Stomp

ellangusellangus Frets: 250
Don't suppose anyone out there want to trade their HX Stomp for my HX Effects?

I wasn't sure how I'd get on with it and was undecided whether to buy the HX Effects or the HX Stomp.

I plumped for the Effects as I figured it would be more suited to my needs

Having gotten to grips with it, I'm really liking the whole experience and am now wondering whether I should have gone for the Stomp as it's for home use only and it would take up less space and I don't (as I thought I would) need all the switches.

I bought it used, it's in excellent condition, Velcro on the base, with the rubber feet in the box, complete with all the bits and fully updated.

I know it's probably a long shot but if anyone has a stomp which they find too restrictive switch wise I'd be interested. 

A bit of cash your way would be fine by me.

Cheers
Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Think I’m pissing in the wind bump
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • Keep it and buy a stomp as the stomp is great but the 3 switches limit it, I have one for sale if your interested
  • rocker6 said:
    Keep it and buy a stomp as the stomp is great but the 3 switches limit it, I have one for sale if your interested
    Wow that'd be like having thousands of effects at ones feet :-)  Cheers for the heads up, but one has to go to fund the other
  • I went through exactly the same path as you. 

I loved the HX FX but wanted to amp sims. I couldn't find anyone to trade so in the end sold the FX first then got lucky with a good price of a stomp on ebay. 

Good look with the transition.
  • relic245 said:
    I went through exactly the same path as you. 

I loved the HX FX but wanted to amp sims. I couldn't find anyone to trade so in the end sold the FX first then got lucky with a good price of a stomp on ebay. 

Did you find it a worthwhile experience?
  • ellangus said:
    rocker6 said:
    Keep it and buy a stomp as the stomp is great but the 3 switches limit it, I have one for sale if your interested
    Wow that'd be like having thousands of effects at ones feet :-)  Cheers for the heads up, but one has to go to fund the other
    Yeah but with the 3 switches it limits what you can use to turn on and off, but I've always liked line 6 fx, I've used the dl4, m5/m9/m13, and just gone to the helix lt for more switching
  • OK, just seen the Pod Go thingy which looks like that might be the way to go now - Anyone any experience with it?
  • ellangus said:
    OK, just seen the Pod Go thingy which looks like that might be the way to go now - Anyone any experience with it?
    Seems to be the same models  BUT! It's like it's on rails, there's a pre determined path, it will go volume/overdrive/amp/cab/comp /delay/mod/verb so you don't have to have em all but you can't take out a compressor and have a second modulation 
  • rocker6 said:
    ellangus said:
    OK, just seen the Pod Go thingy which looks like that might be the way to go now - Anyone any experience with it?
    Seems to be the same models  BUT! It's like it's on rails, there's a pre determined path, it will go volume/overdrive/amp/cab/comp /delay/mod/verb so you don't have to have em all but you can't take out a compressor and have a second modulation 
    Ah! interesting - excuse me for potentially being a bit thick here but would that mean that you can't have say two overdrives (2x Heir Apparent's for instance)?
  • Yeah exactly, you can turn everything off but can't make everything on, with a helix you can have 4 drives /1 amp/1 cab if you want, 
  • DmlkDmlk Frets: 15
    Hi Ellangus

This links may help you see what the Pod6 is like:

On the Pod you cannot stack effects of the same type but only turn them off and on and also maybe change order of them.

HX stomp will be more flexible on effects you stack but are limited to the 6 nodes in the change.

• Thanks @Dmlk I'll have a look through these - Wasn't aware of no being able to stack effects which is a bit of a disadvantage as I like to use two Heir Apparent's together 

Thanks again - very helpful
  • ellangus said:
    relic245 said:

Yes very.

im mostly a home player these days and when I do gig my needs are very simple. The 3 foot switches of the stomp are prefect for me.

i really love the amp Sims. For the first time in my life I have hassle free recording.

to be honest my amp isn’t getting a look in these days. The stomp is permanently set up through a pair of very budget studio monitors and it sounds great to me.

very happy indeed.
  • relic245 said:
    ellangus said:
    relic245 said:

Yes very.

im mostly a home player these days and when I do gig my needs are very simple. The 3 foot switches of the stomp are prefect for me.

i really love the amp Sims. For the first time in my life I have hassle free recording.

to be honest my amp isn’t getting a look in these days. The stomp is permanently set up through a pair of very budget studio monitors and it sounds great to me.

very happy indeed.

Thats good to know. Thanks
    started looking into Pod Go but I think that may be a non starter

thanks again
  • Up
  • Bump
  • Still looking