Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

(CLOSED) FUNDRAISER: BAREFACED CAB, ERNIE BALL DELAY, BFD3, STRINGS

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26463
edited October 2020 in Off Topic
EVEN BIGGER UPDATE: THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED!

MASSIVE UPDATE - 2 x BFD3 LICENSES ADDED AND DRAW DATE MOVED!

This has been a long time coming; I've had these sitting around for quite some time, mainly due to the insanity of my life and my inability to schedule in a reasonable manner. So, before I start, my sincere apologies to @BarefacedAudio and @guitars4you - we really do appreciate your generosity!

Before we start, please do go and visit their sites/pages, and give 'em a like/shout out on social media. They've been incredibly generous and shown us a lot of support, so it's only fair that we all return the favour!

https://barefacedaudio.com/
https://www.guitars4you.co.uk/
https://www.sixstringsupplies.co.uk/
https://www.fxpansion.com/products/bfd3/

So...the raffle. For the sake of clarity, this is entirely to fund the site's hosting, and I'll stop it if we reach the equivalent of a year's hosting (which is roughly the value of the items we've got here, give or take a bit), and I'll do the draw on Sunday 4th October Sunday 11th October to give everybody a chance to get to pay day. I'm inclined to keep it to the same format as we've done previously: £10 donation for entry into the raffle, and you can enter as many times as you like (EDIT: but nobody can win more than once).

The first number drawn will get the cab, the second will get the choice of either the delay pedal + string set, or the electric and acoustic strings. Third number will get the choice of what's left, and fourth will get the remaining item.

Fair warning, I haven't decided how to properly randomise the draw yet - I tried @TTony's method using canine assistance. Unfortunately, our Chihuahua couldn't pick them up, and our Akita preferred to destroy three or four at a time. The good news is that she had a lot of fun; the less good news is that the numbered ping-pong balls no longer exist in any useful form. I'll probably opt for a more technological solution (TBA).

Entries should be sent by PayPal to admin@thefretboard.co.uk - remember to include your forum username, otherwise it won't be counted! 

If you can't do PayPal, message me and we'll sort something out.

So...what's up for grabs?

1 - Barefaced Audio Reformer 1x12" Cab (loaded with a Vintage 30)

See this thread for more info, and this post for my views on it (I took it to rehearsal a couple of times to check it out; no scratches or marks on it). It comes with the cover you see here. tl,dr: if you've got back problems with a 2x12" or 4x12", this is a genuine option.

2 - Ernie Ball Ambient Delay Expression Pedal and Strings (all donated by @guitars4you)

Fun little delay here, something a little bit different. You'll also get a box containing three sets of Ernie Ball Paradigm 10-46 strings.

3 - Strings! (also from @guitars4you )

Lastly, we have two boxes of Ernie Ball Paradigm 10-46 strings (three packs in each box) and two tins of D'Addario acoustic strings (2 x EJ26 and 1 x Nickel Bronze set in each tin).

4 - New Addition! Strat Wiring Harness (from @sixstringsupplies )

- 3 x SSS Premium Taper® 250k pots (CTS)
- Prewired Switchcraft 1/4'' jack socket
- CRL spring action 5 way switch
- 0.047uF SSS Premium PIO capacitor
- Treble pass capacitor (aka treble bleed)
Strat wiring diagram to connect your pickups and jack/ground.  

5 & 6: BFD3 Drum Plugin License + 1 Expansion Pack

BFD Drums have kindly donated two licenses to the proceedings, plus an expansion pack of the winners' choice.

<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments