Help Wanted With Ezkeys & Other Toontracks Products

CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2045
edited September 2020 in Studio & Recording
Hi Guys,

So I have tooled up on Toontracks products and found that I am pretty clueless and wondering if anyone on the forum would have the time, generosity and patience to help me achieve 2 objectives

1 - I want to get keys down for an arrangement of Golden Slumbers and also for an original track for which I already have the guitar down

2 - I want to begin to grasp enough to be able to create tracks for myself on Ezkeys, Ezbass & Superior Drummer. 

I think if someone is able to take on task one for me and maybe capture on a word doc step by step guide of what they did then that would be great. Can have a chat before hand and I can share what I can do (very little) and what I am having difficulty with to inform the step by step. Also open to zoom, teams, skype etc but I find I am much more responsive to following a written guide and being able to ask questions of the author if I hit any issues.

As an aside I have a list of various cover and original tracks I want to record which require drums and bass so if anyone fancies having a look at these with the same objective as the keys then that would be fantastic. I am completely new to programming drums and other tracks so please bear that in mind, I will ask stupid questions.

Also I am aware there will be plenty of alternative and perhaps better software for doing this but I have went all in on Toontracks products so want to stick specifically with these.

Thanks in advance

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    Hi, EZKeys and EZbass are essentially aids to songwriting, rather than for recording covers. I don’t own Superior Drummer but it is a huge program that provides an unbelievable amount of tweaking possibilities that may overwhelm a beginner. 

It’s not what you asking for exactly, but I think that if you have invested in those three software programs, I think it would be money well spent to invest in some crystal clear video tutorials. Yes, you can get a lot on YouTube, but I would strongly recommend buying a 30 day or annual pass to the Groove3 library or purchasing their training modules for the three programs you have. The quality and the clarity is second to none. 
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2045
    Thanks @Bill_S I will look into Groove3, that’s new to me. Like you say the YouTube clips only give so much and I can’t properly interact.  Songwriting and building on my original material are very much at the forefront of what I am doing, referencing covers and seeing them recreated I thought may be a good way for me to learn but I could be wrong and it may be more complex than I imagine to carry out. Would still love to hear from anyone who thinks they can help.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    I’m also new to EZ keys and EXD2....I got it going ok for basic stuff......there’s a guy does good videos for drums....I’ll find it and post link

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Great thanks @spark240 ;
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Thanks @spark240 that is a useful video.

Still wondering if anyone can assist with OP particularly the Golden Slumbers keys?