Peter Hook - Lockdown Concert

What's Hot
FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
edited September 2020 in Music
A couple of nice moments in here ..

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Please change the title for "Peter Hook (not dead)"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Please change the title for "Peter Hook (not dead)"
    I wouldn't risk a stern telling off for not putting it in the tributes section, they are very fussy about that sort of thing around here  :)
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LOL + Wiz = Wow
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Good video.  (I think the title probably needs to be changed though cos that's often a way of announcing a death and Peter Hook isn't dead.)
    Grunfeld said:
    Good video.  (I think the title probably needs to be changed though cos that's often a way of announcing a death and Peter Hook isn't dead.)
    If he dies now it's all your fault!
  • I enjoyed that. Goes to show just how good a cover band can be (even if one of the members is from the originals).
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    edited September 2020
    I enjoyed that. Goes to show just how good a cover band can be (even if one of the members is from the originals).
    That synth motif @ 2:32 is one of the greatest in musical history, and it's so simple too! 3
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited September 2020
    Freebird said:
    I enjoyed that. Goes to show just how good a cover band can be (even if one of the members is from the originals).
    That synth motif @ 2:32 is one of the greatest in musical history, and it's so simple too! 3
    I think both Joy Division and New Order are among the biggest well-known 'secrets' in music. Almost everyone knows who they are, and there's something in their back catalogue that pretty much everyone can point at, yet if you ask people to make a list of most influential bands, I'll bet hardly anyone includes them.

They've made some fabulous records, and they seem to be hugely respected in the industry, too. Stewart Copeland did a series on drumming on BBC4 a while back, and Steven Morris was name checked by almost as many drummers as Ringo, or pretty much anyone else, frankly.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    Freebird said:
    I think both Joy Division and New Order are among the biggest well-known 'secrets' in music. Almost everyone knows who they are, and there's something in their back catalogue that pretty much everyone can point at, yet if you ask people to make a list of most influential bands, I'll bet hardly anyone includes them.

They've made some fabulous records, and they seem to be hugely respected in the industry, too. Stewart Copeland did a series on drumming on BBC4 a while back, and Steven Morris was name checked by almost as many drummers as Ringo, or pretty much anyone else, frankly.
    They don't call him the Macclesfield Metronome for nothing! Boris Williams of the Cure and Topper Headon from the Clash were also great drummers, who came from genres not known for great drummers.

This is worth a watch if you have an interest in drumming, especially the drumming of Steven Morris!

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Huge fan. I think most people who know their music know about the legend that is Joy Division. IMO the best band to come out of the aftermath of punk. Not sure I'd agree that they are a secret.

All three of Peter Hook's books are superb. He did one on the Hacienda, one on Joy Division and one on New Order. Really really good books, I'd recommend them to anyone regardless of whether you like them or not.

Steven Morris is a proper machine on drums, still is as well.

Right, Hooky's band are NOT a cover band!!! FFS, he wrote all the songs as well, produced and engineered them (along with the rest of them in the band). And, more to the point, live they are fantastic, much better than the current version of New Order (who were never the same after Hooky left).

I've tickets to see the Light in January, but I think it will be postponed again. They play their own support slot, and then do at least a two hour main show. For a cracker, listen to the show they did in Christchurch Macclesfield, where they played the whole JD back catalogue in memory of Ian Curtis. It's on Spotify. Over 3 hours.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom