SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD :Fender 65 Twin Reverb Custom 15 Amp £550

AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
edited October 2020 in Amps £
Stunning and Huge sounding Amp. For those seeking the ultimate Fender Clean tone this is the one!

I've been using a 65RI Princeton for the last few years but every now and then felt like I could do with something with a little more power and headroom, hence the arrival of it's much bigger brother listed here.

TBH it's a little too powerful for me and I could do with something a little lighter. It comes in at 35kg and yes it is on casters. I struggle with Sciatica every now and then so not being the biggest lad was a bit of a silly choice ha.

Condition is good but gigged. Note a cut mark over the top of the amp and the legs have tape over them to make it easier to tilt. 7/10 I'd give it. The reverb and trem side sound sensational but a little noisy so may benefit from a service at some point.

Comes with the US plug but also with a proper step down converter box.

Trade wise - Anything Fender sounding. 

Here's the listing from Rimmers Music where the original buyer had it from https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/fender-65-twin-custom-15-electric-guitar-amplifier-230v-uk-p33312

Cheers
Alex

+ Official fender blurb 
The '65 Twin Custom 15 is an all-tube combo amp that pairs an 85-watt reissue '65 Twin Reverb® chassis with an enlarged cabinet and single 15 speaker instead of the usual pair of 12s. The Twin's vibrato, reverb and crystal clean tones are great as always, and the 15's extra-fat clear bottom end, smooth treble and high power handling are fantastic. We designed an updated speaker with Eminence® based on the now-collectible JBL® D130F model Fender used in the '60s and '70s; its cast frame, shallow cone, high flux density, large voice coil and aluminum center cap deliver clean, precise performance for players in all genres, with amazing 3-D bass and treble separation. Other features include a metal badge on the grille, two-button reverb/vibrato footswitch, removable casters, nickel hardware, heavy-duty textured black vinyl covering with silver grille cloth, and an embroidered cover.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Bump. Would love a Tweed style amp.
    New pics added 
    edited October 2020
    Been spending a bit mad recently so will sell for £700for quick sale.
    collection only.
  • Fab amp at a great price and in top condition. 15” really delivers the goods with loads of top as well.....only downside for me, an old git, is that it feels like it is bolted to the floor!
    GLWTS
  • 1600 new and now 550? Blimey ....
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Have you had a bump to the head, Alex? What a price...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Bump.  Trades again please....
    Bump
    £550 if anyone can come and get it
    Can’t believe not even a bite at £550 for a £1600 classic amp.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    Out of interest, does anyone know if you can source a 15" Neo 4 ohm replacement Guitar Voiced speaker . . . ?? . . .  Im sure the  1 x 15 " Speaker thats in it will weigh quite a lot ?? 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

Now on eBay. Started the bidding at 1p. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    Great amp and great price; these are also an ideal amp for anyone playing pedal steel thanks to the 15 inch speaker -I know there are a few of us on here who dabble. 

Amazed it’s not gone yet, hope you get this sorted and sold at a fair (to you) price soon dude. 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
    edited October 2020
    I would strongly consider nabbing this if I wasn't in London and was able to collect.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    This is one of my dream amps. If it had been available via courier I think it would have sold several times over. Totally understand OPs reluctance though.
  • JezWynd said:
    This is one of my dream amps. If it had been available via courier I think it would have sold several times over. Totally understand OPs reluctance though.
    Absolutely.
    Back to the top. Literally need this moving as my sciatica isn’t letting me ha.