Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sony PS5 prices and launch date announced

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    Xbox Series X / S pre-order is up in 5 mins....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84 said:
    Only console I’m playing much of atm is my SNES mini now that I’ve got N64, GBA and Megadrive Roms on it. Would love a Switch just for Zelda and the Link’s Awakening remaster. 

The PS4 passed me by and I mainly use my XBox One as a media centre so think I’ll probably stick to my little nostalgia box! 
    Absolute lad! I’m mostly on my GameCube atm, and the back catalogue of games is ridiculous. Definitely get a Switch, though not just for Zelda. Plenty of great NES and SNES games available for online members, and the eShop has some great indie titles, many of which are reminiscent of simpler times.
    Mario Kart Double Dash on the GameCube is still the best Mario kart game ever made!

My sons have made off with my Gamecube(s) and games. Have/had about 80, most still in shrink wrap. Loved Serious Sam on the GameCube, that game had an incredible number of bad guys on the screen at once, great fun!

With regards to PS5, I did get one in my Amazon basket, but had gone by the time I checked out.  A matter of seconds.  

Fastest finger first, I must be getting old ;)
  • We’re going to hold off on the PS5 for a bit, still got a backlog of PS4 games to get through. And the kids are getting right into our Nintendo stuff now.

• Re the preorders, if you miss the first batch (which has probably happened by now), historically how long before everywhere has them in stock?  I assume the Christmas rush may make them difficult to get hold of until the new year?
    (Covid factor aside, I know that puts us in unchartered water)

• Re the preorders, if you miss the first batch (which has probably happened by now), historically how long before everywhere has them in stock?  I assume the Christmas rush may make them difficult to get hold of until the new year?
    I read on Twitter that Sony expect to be able to fill all demand for pre-xmas customers.

Whether that is true or not...
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097

Re the preorders, if you miss the first batch (which has probably happened by now), historically how long before everywhere has them in stock?  I assume the Christmas rush may make them difficult to get hold of until the new year?
    I read on Twitter that Sony expect to be able to fill all demand for pre-xmas customers.

Whether that is true or not...

they said they were allocating stock as it becomes available so keep checking sites as the preorder option will be available again - at least until they sell out again

• Sony said they sold 3.5m PS4s in the first quarter and 5m in the first 6 months. They're apparently prepping 4m PS5s for "launch window", which I assume means before xmas. 

I'd happily bring a couple home as we rarely get availability issues here, but with COVID I don't know when I'll next be in the UK.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17565
    tFB Trader
    It's interesting that the death of the console is constantly being announced, but the numbers just keep going up.

Microsoft do seem to be trying to merge it into a SaS / phone contract type offering.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've got to be honest - I think Microsoft have nailed the next-gen thing so far.

They're treating it as a seemingly more 'consumer friendly' approach where you buy a game, and you can play that game across any of their consoles. Even now, if you purchase Cyberpunk or various other titles on the One X, you can then play the upgraded version on the Series X / S when you get one.

That's a very welcome and refreshing change - whereas Sony want you to pay for a remastered Spiderman (and not to mention nintendo seemingly re-hashing their old titles).

Of course, proof of the pudding will be in the quality of the games - but it's a great start IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    Got an email from GAME which states...

"LIMITED STOCK COMING TOMORROW LATE MORNING KEEP AN EYE ON OUR WEBSITE"

I imagine other retailers will be getting more allocations too

• I am currently negotiating with the wife....
  • On Argos now if yr quick.
  • Should be on Currys in a wee bit too.
  • Seeing the size further pushes me to get a new pc for gaming in the living room to be honest - I'm not sure what the playstation will offer, and it will mean I can play ARPGs that benefit from mouse and keyboard as well as controller-friendly titles.

Of course, that means a keyboard and mouse to store so I'm not completely settled. I love my ps4 though, it's a bit tired and really needs a clean/dust but it's been a great bit of kit. 

Will the ps5 be easy to clean? I've heard the ps4 is a ballache. Another thing that inches me toward pc tbh... 
    Seeing the size further pushes me to get a new pc for gaming in the living room to be honest - I'm not sure what the playstation will offer, and it will mean I can play ARPGs that benefit from mouse and keyboard as well as controller-friendly titles.

Of course, that means a keyboard and mouse to store so I'm not completely settled. I love my ps4 though, it's a bit tired and really needs a clean/dust but it's been a great bit of kit. 

Will the ps5 be easy to clean? I've heard the ps4 is a ballache. Another thing that inches me toward pc tbh... 
    Get a Corsair LapBoard, and the keyboard that fits in it. I have one, and it's amazing.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Seeing the size further pushes me to get a new pc for gaming in the living room to be honest - I'm not sure what the playstation will offer, and it will mean I can play ARPGs that benefit from mouse and keyboard as well as controller-friendly titles ...
    The size is a deal breaker for me, too. If I do happen to get a next gen console, then the sleek, unobtrusive Xbox definitely wins my vote. Even the way it is presented on their website is better IMO. Also, from past experience with PlayStations, the fans whir wildly when they overheat. Another reason why I’d be hesitant to join camp Sony.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    Got one  =)
  • Seeing the size further pushes me to get a new pc for gaming in the living room to be honest - I'm not sure what the playstation will offer, and it will mean I can play ARPGs that benefit from mouse and keyboard as well as controller-friendly titles.

PS4 cleaning is only a pain the first time.

After that it's easy. As long as you don't drop and of the screws. Again.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    Anyone preordered from Game? When do they take the money out of your account?

PS4 cleaning is only a pain the first time.

After that it's easy. As long as you don't drop and of the screws. Again.
    Might try to clean it this afternoon, will report back. I'll unplug it now and that should give capacitors time to discharge...