Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Best Metallica Song

What's Hot

Comments

• S56035S56035 Frets: 1122
    octatonic said:
    Let's not forget that Napster shit.
    Which album is that on?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bleeding Me
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The answer is Fight Fire With Fire.   
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    Nothing Else Matters

The Metallica fans will probably have had a sweepstake for who said that first :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They did a fan poll on FB back in June.. and Puppets won..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    edited September 2020
    Creeping Death, always Creeping Death
    Bleeding Me
    Thanks guys, now I have nothing to add to this thread.

The S&M version of Bleeding Me is just so frigging good.

Any live version of Creeping Death is awesome - although Newsted really made it when he was in the band.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    I have to agree with that Smooth jazz version of Enter Sandman, loved that for years. They should record it!

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    Bidley said:
    Bleeding Me

Much as people denigrate the Load/Reload/S&M period, Hetfield had got to a point on those albums where he was singing so well - then he chucked it away again.  I think it's a shame.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Sorry, can’t think of one good Metallica song one of those bands that’s an eternal mystery to me 
  • octatonic said:

And how right they were about it all. 
    Philly_Q said:
    Bidley said:
    Bleeding Me

Much as people denigrate the Load/Reload/S&M period, Hetfield had got to a point on those albums where he was singing so well - then he chucked it away again.  I think it's a shame.
    To be fair mate, Hardwired is worth a listen. Spit Out The Bone is probably their best song in a couple of decades (which really isn't saying much I know).
    octatonic said:

And how right they were about it all. 
    I often think about how prophetic the whole Napster thing was - bands protecting their income is pretty anti-"the man" now but when Metallica did it they got panned (although Lars really didn't help himself).
    Bidley said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Bidley said:
    Bleeding Me

To be fair mate, Hardwired is worth a listen. Spit Out The Bone is probably their best song in a couple of decades (which really isn't saying much I know).

I bought it and listened to it once.  Two discs (anyone remember discs?) of songs, all 6 or 7 minutes long (and all 2 or 3 minutes too long), all similar sounding.... I just found it wearying, halfway through disc 2 I wasn't paying attention any more and just wanted it to be over.*

I'm sure some of the songs are growers, but I just can't be arsed to get to that point.

(* I do find this with some albums, if they're long and a bit samey I only get familiar with the first half of the record because I'm always nodding off in the second half.  The only solution seems to be to play it on shuffle.  Examples - Black Sabbath 13, Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium)

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Oh, and Orion. Always Orion.
    Philly_Q said:
    Bidley said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Bidley said:
    Bleeding Me

I bought it and listened to it once.  Two discs (anyone remember discs?) of songs, all 6 or 7 minutes long (and all 2 or 3 minutes too long), all similar sounding.... I just found it wearying, halfway through disc 2 I wasn't paying attention any more and just wanted it to be over.*

I'm sure some of the songs are growers, but I just can't be arsed to get to that point.

(* I do find this with some albums, if they're long and a bit samey I only get familiar with the first half of the record because I'm always nodding off in the second half.  The only solution seems to be to play it on shuffle.  Examples - Black Sabbath 13, Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium)

I had the exact same experience - listened to it once, and thought "meh" and flung it on the shelf. Then I had a big Metallica binge a few months ago and put it in my car. Now I quite like it. Not exactly a ringing endorsement but better than it's made out to be.

Metallica will never be the band they were in the 80's, nor even the band they were in the 90s, but they've still got something to offer IMO. I want to catch them live again before James inevitably pops his clogs, such a big inspiration to me as a teen guitarist.
  • It’s so hard to choose , I loved kill em all for so long , I really do dig creeping death though 
      For whom the bell tolls is also a particular favourite and sanitarium .

Then the black album which I hated all those years ago . Unforgiving and nothing else matters still get on my nerves a lot though .
  • The one they stole from Diamond Head, who stole it from Eric Burdon. 
    Bidley said:
    I want to catch them live again before James inevitably pops his clogs
    Blimey, that's a bit depressing.  He's less than a year older than me.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Was No Leaf Clover mentioned yet?

if not; No Leaf Clover
    Philly_Q said:
    Bidley said:
    I want to catch them live again before James inevitably pops his clogs
    Blimey, that's a bit depressing.  He's less than a year older than me.

He's just come out of rehab (again) and has aged alarmingly quickly over the last few years.