Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Frak you BBC - BSG re-run related !

What's Hot

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    edited September 2020
    I still can't believe that Killjoys was renewed to the end while Dark Matter was canned.

I think Killjoys had a high dose of tongue firmly in cheek, plus of course Hannah John-Kamen. Personally I fell H J-K is undeniably photogenic, but I can't decide if she's babelicious or not
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bless me father for I have sinned...

I still haven't seen Firefly despite owning the box set.

Sorry.
    Whisper it but.. its not that great. Cancellation has done wonders for its reputation.

On the BSG front, I quite fancy rewatching it. I strongly suspect that the latter seasons have not aged well, however. I wasn't desperately enamored with the final season the first time round! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Currently into series 4. It's fracking great TV.
  • Seen BSG twice, hello no 6
  • Seen BSG twice, hello no 6
    If there are supposed to be all these number 6 copies, how come I cant bloody find one ?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Seen BSG twice, hello no 6

I'm not a number, I'm a human being.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    I has a BSG. Still got a big scar on my arm.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    The original was so sh*te that I don't care to touch the remake with a barge pole
  • axisus said:
    The original was so sh*te that I don't care to touch the remake with a barge pole
    Then you are missing out.

They really have nothing in common other than overall story arc and character names.
    It's dark, gritty, and as far as scifi goes, realistic.

It also has a cast that can act.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    You're missing out.  The remake is great.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Oh, wow.

Never was such a wrong statement made.

Take a leap of faith on us. You won't be disappointed, if you're into sci-fi at all.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    axisus said:
    Oh, wow.

Take a leap of faith on us. You won't be disappointed, if you're into sci-fi at all.
    Yeah, as you and a few others have mentioned! To be honest I was just being facetious, but I have to admit that I'm not very compelled by the basic premise, and I don't really do long series, I'm just not massively into TV as entertainment. I will however put it on my list of things to consider watching ....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    axisus said:
    Oh, wow.

Yeah, as you and a few others have mentioned! To be honest I was just being facetious, but I have to admit that I'm not very compelled by the basic premise, and I don't really do long series, I'm just not massively into TV as entertainment. I will however put it on my list of things to consider watching ....
    There's a 2 part mini series that sets the tone.
    It's a touch slow but it gives all the info needed and puts the characters in the right place. It's also obviously lower budget than the rest for the CGI. But don't skip it.

Then we get to the first proper episode "33" which is some of the best telly I've ever seen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16660
    axisus said:
    axisus said:
    Oh, wow.

It was made at a time when the norm was to make as many series as possible.   Stuff either got cancelled after  a series or two, or kept running till it turned to crap.   BSG was written with a definite end in sight and a clear(ish) story arc.  Its a lot better for it.

They did extend slightly from the original plan for a 4 series run... but its not a long  series by the standards of the time, and it rarely loses steam through its run.  It became 4 seasons and a "final season".... plus the mini series/pilot... plus a few spin offs.

I have watched other series where a bad ending ruins the whole thing and I never want to watch it again (Dexter).   BSG doesn't have the best ending, but the rest of the journey is so good I can forgive it.

The hardest thing about starting it again is the miniseries,  the DVD plays it as one long film.  Its good, but its definitely throwing yourself in at the deep end
  • Was going to post a video and realised how spectacularly spoilery it was.

But it contained "all hands, brace for turbulence..."

Amazing show!  Possibly the best yet at asking if we CAN survive, do we DESERVE to?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I loved the BSG remake, but for me it started going downhill about halfway through. The initial few seasons do a great job with the whole "is it science and coincidence, or does god exist and has a plan?" uncertainty which is a fascinating premise but i felt like halfway through the writers decided to remove the uncertainty and it spoiled it. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7393
    Make sure to pause and rewatch Razor at the appropriate point in the timeline 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7393
    Was going to post a video and realised how spectacularly spoilery it was.

But it contained "all hands, brace for turbulence..."

Amazing show!  Possibly the best yet at asking if we CAN survive, do we DESERVE to?
    If that's the bit I think it is it's one of my favourite moments in TV ever. I literally punched the air haha 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Haven't dived into to rewatch this. I'm very tempted but not sure if I want to undertake that many episodes. Been pretty chuffed at the quality sci-fi shows people have mentioned. Dollshouse I thought was great and firefly I adore and wish it could of been developed. Would loved to have seen the back story of Shepherd Book.
    Would recommend The Expanse if anyone is after something involving in their sci-fi.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10181
    The remake is the best Sci Fi TV show ever!