Introduction to Jazz Guitar soloing by Joe Elliott - does anybody have the MP3s?

What's Hot
Hi,

I just bought this with the CD - and don't have a way to rip the CD to MP3s.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks!
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Haven't seen my copy in ages but one thing I can say is I never even took the CDs out of their case.  I know we all do things differently but from my perspective I don't think they add much.

What you do need is some kind of backing to run exercises against.  I used iReal Pro which would have been more flexible than the CDs (you can vary speed and change key).  It's all pretty much 2 5 1s so you don't need anything elaborate.  As far as what you're supposed to play against the backing, the book is self explanatory - you don't really need to hear it.

Of the various jazz improv books I've tried it's definitely the one that helped me the most.

Not saying don't get a hold of the CDs if you want them, but if you can't you'll do fine without them.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, @Blueingreen - I forgot that my Windows PC in the living room has a CD drive, so it was all sorted in the end! :)

I have iReal Pro too, so good to go!  Getting that and Playing The Changes in the same week might have been ambitious.

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4085
    edited September 2020
    !!! Sorry :joy: 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • !!! Sorry :joy: 

I thought the same :)

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom