SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE IN A TRADE - Bourgeois Aged Tone Mahogany Dreadnought 2013

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited October 2020 in Acoustics £
TRADED
Well, it was fun while it lasted... it's not too big, I'm just too small. Playing this for a few days in the recording studio highlighted that I'm far better suited to the shorter scale of a J45 than this rare and rather beautiful guitar. If I end up holding onto it for a while yet, I'm happy to do so. Even with my little arms I can play it for a while, especially if I'm standing up. 

It's not mint, but it's in very good condition. There's quite a bit of checking all over the back (I assume part of the aging process) and a few light scratches on the top side but nothing through the varnish. I'll try and photograph them when I manage to get some decent photos done. There's a couple of very light indentations at the top of the neck in the cowboy chord area but, really, very light and most likely capo related. 

https://i.imgur.com/KSeQU3k.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ei7rVKU.jpg

These are clips of the same model and it sounds just like this: 

PM me for any further information and I'll try and help.

I'm not looking for any electric guitars or amps, and in light of the above issue regarding my physical limitations , I might be up for a part exchange of a smaller body guitar. That said, I already have a very nice Bourgeois OM and a slothead rosewood 000 that sounded unexpectedly great in the studio, so I'm not sure what else I would be tempted by. To make things worse, I tend to like very plain guitars, rather than cutaway models or fancy woods. Sorry.

This is not a fire sale, just a sad realisation that it's not the right guitar for me, so I'm not really going to accept lowball offers or guitars I'm not sure about. I'm putting it up here for a few weeks in the hope it can find a good home, but then it's probably going to end up heading somewhere on commission. But if you want a stunning dreadnought, with a warm, woody, even tone, that will do everything you need a dreadnought to do, this should fit the bill and at a much lower price than you could expect to pay elsewhere. 

I'm based in Edinburgh and I'm very unlikely to post this guitar, but I would be willing to travel a fair distance for a socially distanced meeting with a serious buyer. 

TRADED PENDNG THE USUAL STUFF £3000 for a straight sale, trade value would be a bit higher.

I'll try and get some proper photos together tomorrow.

Cheers,

cam f
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments