Not really too fused about this

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    I'd like to see them call their bluff on this.

There is no way they would exit Europe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Looks like we're in a an era of hard-ball negotiations. If behaviour is anything to go by it just shows how Facebook leans to towards populism IMHO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18725
    Rich210 said:
    Bye Facebook, don't let the door hit your sorry arse on the way out.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    This prompted me to check on an old 'arms length' email address that I set up years ago in order to have a Facebook account (part of a work initiative, not a personal choice).
    About two years ago I painstakingly disabled all the reminders, messages etc. to stop Facebook's own fake spammy 'you have a friend request' messages etc.
    It worked well and I gave it no more thought until today when I checked.
    The blasted thing has only gone and reset itself and started spamming me again  :p
    Luckily my efforts at covering my digital tracks have worked, as I have never been to Telford etc.  ;)
    Makes you wonder about the extent of Facebook's ability to override anyone's stated preferences and also to randomly assign inaccurate information to profiles...
    Not paranoid ravings here, more bemused and mildly pissed off, but it illustrates why I do not use nor trust the company at all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    This prompted me to check on an old 'arms length' email address that I set up years ago in order to have a Facebook account (part of a work initiative, not a personal choice).
    About two years ago I painstakingly disabled all the reminders, messages etc. to stop Facebook's own fake spammy 'you have a friend request' messages etc.
    It worked well and I gave it no more thought until today when I checked.
    The blasted thing has only gone and reset itself and started spamming me again  :p
    Luckily my efforts at covering my digital tracks have worked, as I have never been to Telford etc.  ;)
    Makes you wonder about the extent of Facebook's ability to override anyone's stated preferences and also to randomly assign inaccurate information to profiles...
    Not paranoid ravings here, more bemused and mildly pissed off, but it illustrates why I do not use nor trust the company at all.

Bastards! I'd be glad to see facebook die, I remember in the space of 3 years how it changed shit for the worse!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Don’t know how I’d function if I didn’t  t get reminded of people I’ve barely met birthdays and dietary preferences. However could live without all the new music being promoted on there and alerts about all the thieving scumbags active  around my neighbourhood
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    How will I stay in contact with all the friends I've apparently made in places like Belarus, Mozambique, Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Mongolia and Watford.
    I've never met them but it's nice to know they like me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Unlike you saddos, I actually have friends in Watford.

Bye!

Unlike you saddos, I actually have friends in Watford.
    Watford? I'd prefer fakes  ;)
  • Unlike you saddos, I actually have friends in Watford.
    There was (is?) a fantastic curry house in Watford that I really miss.