Korg wavestate wow

What's Hot
I have to say  after trying a lot of other synths, this seems to really tick all my boxes. 

The sheer flexibility and sound design you have at your fingertips is mind-boggling, the samples included run into the gigabytes, it's a shame you can't export your own but really the complexity and richness is something I have not come across in any other synth, so can forgive that.
I can see it being a keeper.

Its the polar opposite to an analogue synth but to me that's certainly a good thing, if you want deep evolving pads this is the synth to go for, 

Anyone else had a play? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6101
    I've had the Q+ and Virus, and wavetable stuff sounded great sometimes, weird often but I rarely got any music out of them! Might just be me, though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtop said:
    I've had the Q+ and Virus, and wavetable stuff sounded great sometimes, weird often but I rarely got any music out of them! Might just be me, though.
    I was the same with the arturia minibrute 2s and a few others, I find with the wavestate workflow is initiative and the samples are really musical not just "showoff sounds" 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    When they announced it I thought for absolute certain I would buy one. I've a Roland D-05 that I'm an enormous fan of, and the Korg is kind of an evolution on that... However, since then, a lot of the demos I've heard have been too "busy"... I think I would have a really hard time sitting most of the sounds on that thing in a mix, and that's scared me off pulling the trigger. Need to really have a hands-on session with it to see tbf... but of course Covid has made that tricky. Used to be able to just wander into Andertons on any given afternoon if I was in Guildford to try stuff like this, but no longer... :(
  • Whitecat said:
    When they announced it I thought for absolute certain I would buy one. I've a Roland D-05 that I'm an enormous fan of, and the Korg is kind of an evolution on that... However, since then, a lot of the demos I've heard have been too "busy"... I think I would have a really hard time sitting most of the sounds on that thing in a mix, and that's scared me off pulling the trigger. Need to really have a hands-on session with it to see tbf... but of course Covid has made that tricky. Used to be able to just wander into Andertons on any given afternoon if I was in Guildford to try stuff like this, but no longer... :(
    Yup its very easy to go over board, however it's also really easy to just have one or two sounds which compliment eachother, it's such a flexible machine 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Yeah really just need to try it. Maybe if this pandemic thingy stretches on too long I'll try to pick one up secondhand sometime so if I end up not liking it I can flip it and not lose any money... not really any used ones out there for sale yet, too new, but time will probably aid that.
  • I've been thinking about a hardware synth for some time, and haven't really settled on anything yet. This piques my interesante. 

Bye!

• I've been thinking about a hardware synth for some time, and haven't really settled on anything yet. This piques my interesante. 
    So it should, analog synths are for losers stuck in the 70s :D
    So it should, analog synths are for losers stuck in the 70s :D
    NBA’s the Korg O5 r has loads of the pads onboard in a half u if you have a master keyboard already I have one somewhere!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 395
    The wavestate is a truly beautiful synth and I think that until you have spent a little time with it, it's just impossible to get a good feel for what it can do for you. A lot of the demos are quite busy because people want to show it off but it can go from fairly straight forward "production-ready" sounds to things that nothing else can really do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom