Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bad Cat - The Paw - Ultimate lunch box head.

What's Hot

Comments

• Fingers crossed for the Paws finally arriving, and with no faults. I hope this does not go the way of the Unleash.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Mine has blown today, my room now stinks of melted plastic - really disappointed as it sounds great (when its working)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone tried it through a cab yet? How’s it sound? Not many demos of this setup and in general the demos sound pretty bass-lacking. 
  • Jason said:
    Mine has blown today, my room now stinks of melted plastic - really disappointed as it sounds great (when its working)
    Oh no, what did Andertons say? 
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    Oh no, what did Andertons say? 
    They were really quick to respond. New ones due in on the 15th. Plus they said they would send me a box to return the broken one. So far so good
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Oh well, let's hope the new transformers are fine then. I had an email saying mine is expected on 31st.
    tFB Trader
    Oh well, let's hope the new transformers are fine then. I had an email saying mine is expected on 31st.
    I hope that the 15th is correct or I may just get my money back. It’s a lot to be out since August. 
  • You seem to have had the shipment before mine, so hopefully that date will be about right? Who knows though. It is a bit frustrating, I can see where you're coming from. 
  • Man! I was going to get an order in back in Oct/Nov! So glad i just went a different route. 

They should have had a definite realise date when the product was fault free. Bad Cat are a great company but this is a mistake in my mind.
    tFB Trader
    Man! I was going to get an order in back in Oct/Nov! So glad i just went a different route. 

They should have had a definite realise date when the product was fault free. Bad Cat are a great company but this is a mistake in my mind.
    Frustratingly I’ve emailed them twice (not about the fault) they have yet to reply. I’m starting to lose faith. 

I’m tempted to just get an AC15 plus and Two Notes Captor X and I’ll have pretty much the same, just bigger
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been following this thread as it seemed like the ideal amp for me, but definitely not anymore! Who doesn't test their product at 240v before shipping it to Europe?!
    tFB Trader
    It goes back tomorrow and I'm having my money back, delivery of a new one has slipped by a month to end of feb, maybe when they have sorted it out I'll try again, but for now I've been £800 out since August, it's time to call it a day on this amp.

I have to say Andertons have been great about it so far, they sent me a box to return it and arranged collection for tomorrow. It's not their fault and I feel quite sorry for them having to deal with it all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    I've been following this thread as it seemed like the ideal amp for me, but definitely not anymore! Who doesn't test their product at 240v before shipping it to Europe?!
    It can’t even be because they think it’s 230V now - they still have to test at 253V, which is the maximum allowed here anyway. (Although I have measured higher...)

Just poor design or manufacturing unfortunately.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Its a shame, I was interested in these. Maybe one day.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11593
    edited January 2021 tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    I've been following this thread as it seemed like the ideal amp for me, but definitely not anymore! Who doesn't test their product at 240v before shipping it to Europe?!
    It can’t even be because they think it’s 230V now - they still have to test at 253V, which is the maximum allowed here anyway. (Although I have measured higher...)

Just poor design or manufacturing unfortunately.
    My voltage here in Croydon is NEVER lower than 240V

Right now it's 247 Volts at my sockets

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 652
    edited February 2021
    Hey, guess what?!

Another month to wait (at least) 
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    Hey, guess what?!

Another month to wait (at least) 
     :/ 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • The paw seems to be off the andertons site now. Wonder if that’s a sign that they’re not coming in now?
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    The paw seems to be off the andertons site now. Wonder if that’s a sign that they’re not coming in now?
    There was a post on the gear page thread saying they received theirs last week so hopefully andertons have just taken it down temporarily 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • keir said:
    There was a post on the gear page thread saying they received theirs last week so hopefully andertons have just taken it down temporarily 
    Yeah I saw that. But maybe there’s bad news about supply of the uk/eu version? I dunno. I’d be disappointed if this didn’t materialise as it looks ace. In theory.