SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Don Grosh Retro Classic S - Trade for Fender Telecaster

HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
edited May 2021 in Guitars £

This really is a stunning guitar and fair to say one of the best sounding, musical and playing Stratocaster style guitars I have ever owned, I already have two Strats and I don't play this guitar as much as it should be played.

Interested in a Fender AVRI Telecaster or something with P-90's.   

Certainly as good if not better that the few Fender Custom Shops I've had.

Don Grosh Guitars are highly regarded and are up there with the best.

The wiring is configured to have a master volume and master tone control. So the spare tone knob becomes a blender control, adding the ability to blend the neck and bridge pickups in together. Sounds fantastic amazing for adding a range of musical mids to your lead tone (like the bell like effects David Gilmour gets in his signature Strat) or for adding some twang to your rhythm, just like you find in the middle position on a Tele. When you need a complete wall of sound, you can even mix all three pickups together by flicking the five way switch to position 2 or 4. I have since adopted this wiring to all my Strats.

There are a few dinks on the front which I have tried my best to show in the photo's and as the finish is super thin nitro some of the wood grain can be seen through the finish. Also a few scratches on the back again I have tried my best to photo

Here are some specs that came with the guitar:

Don Grosh Retro Classic S

Alder Body

One piece maple neck - medium/large

1 5/8 nut width

Medium Jumbo Frets 6150

Gotoh 1088 Trem

Nitro finish Black

60's Flat Pick-ups (Grosh) 

Treble bleed

Gotoh locking tuners

7lb 5oz

Prefer to meet in a safe environment for sale otherwise shipping can be discussed. 

Would probably be looking around £40 for shipping?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments