Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
edited October 2020 in FX

Very similar to Helix etc in terms of features but I think their software may pinch it ....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Was it this Sweetwater video?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Yes! No idea why or how I messed that up
    When you edit it, it ruins the video link
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2397
    I've had one on preorder since January - although Neural are pretty lax in communications. Loads of unanswered questions, especially as it now seems a better choice to pre-order from Andertons / GuitarGuitar direct, and save on import fees and currency conversation rates, as you'll get it at the same time.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @FarleyUK ooh is that confirmed to be the case now? Pretty shocking..
    JohnCordy said:
    @FarleyUK ooh is that confirmed to be the case now? Pretty shocking..
    That's just it - nobody knows!

There's a lot of confusion over on facebook in the QC groups. I just dropped Neural an email - as, quite honestly, I can't see the benefit of me ordering direct.
    @FarleyUK I'm on that tier 1 pre order thing but it seems like a low-key cluster f*ck in the waiting 
    JohnCordy said:
    @FarleyUK I'm on that tier 1 pre order thing but it seems like a low-key cluster f*ck in the waiting 
    Rumour has it that tier 1 is due to be shipped start of November, tier 2 mid November, and retailers around the same time as tier 2; so you should at least get yours early next month.

Would be nice if Neural could clarify the situation though, especially as we're likely to now be shafted on payment conversion and shipping.
    You've been shafted on a few things right there....
    @FarleyUK @Jetfire when you've created the most powerful modeller known to man and invented an AI machine that listens in the same way as a human ear and gone back in time and erased the Kemper and then invented neural capture, the customer doesn't matter
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just had an email:

"Our store works in Euros. Anyway, you could see a different currency that's depending on your geo-localization.

We will contact you a couple of weeks before your shipment.

Tier 1 and 2 feature exclusive perks by Neural DSP. Also, you will receive your Quad Cortex unit before than the other retailers.

[Regarding the retail price in GBP] The price should be the same always. So, if you want to check the price in different currencies, feel free to use an external converter."

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2020
    @FarleyUK so we are payin 1600euro? Or was it 1300
    JohnCordy said:
    @FarleyUK so we are payin 1600euro? Or was it 1300
    Looks like 1,399 Euros (after the 200 deposit).
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm sure it sounds great. The real strength of the Helix is the ease of use/workflow.

Definitely interesting though.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    FarleyUK said:
    Just had an email:

"Our store works in Euros. Anyway, you could see a different currency that's depending on your geo-localization.

Tier 1 and 2 feature exclusive perks by Neural DSP. Also, you will receive your Quad Cortex unit before than the other retailers.

[Regarding the retail price in GBP] The price should be the same always. So, if you want to check the price in different currencies, feel free to use an external converter."

I read that as “stop asking awkward questions, you should be privileged to receive one of our new products, in fact we’re not even sure your worthy but I guess we have to deal with you on some level”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    dindude said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Just had an email:

I read that as “stop asking awkward questions, you should be privileged to receive one of our new products, in fact we’re not even sure your worthy but I guess we have to deal with you on some level”
    I thought it was a shitty email if I'm honest
    Is this Neural mob like when people have posted negative comments on Fractal Forums etc. & had messages magically disappear overnight?
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
    Looks like its a game changer. The end for amps and pedals is near. 

Barnezy said:
    Looks like its a game changer. The end for amps and pedals is near. 

There's nothing in that video bar having a touch screen and profiler that is any different to what's out there in my opinion. 

However, tone wise I've yet to hear anything which would help me make up my mind
    I think the email I received sounded 'off' purely due to the team being based in Finland; I'm sure they didn't mean it like that.

Anyway, they have now confirmed that:

- All pre-orders will get the QC BEFORE any retailers
    - All pre-orders are being given 'perks'; these are TBC
    - All pre-orders now get free shipping via UPS

I expect Andertons will sell it for £1,599; so even with the crappy exchange rate, we're also paying a little less for it via the pre-order.

My hope for it is that it actually has the 'feel' and responsiveness you get from tube amps. I've had Fractal units, a Helix and a Kemper, and the Kemper was the closest; if this is on par with Kemper, I'd be happy, but I'm hoping for more.