Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    FarleyUK said:
    ....and sod's law, just got my invite through to purchase the AXE-FX 3 mk2...!!!!

Decisions decisions...
    Get both, you pansy !!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    sgosden said:
    FarleyUK said:
    ....and sod's law, just got my invite through to purchase the AXE-FX 3 mk2...!!!!

Decisions decisions...
    Get both, you pansy !!!!
    If I had the room (and funds) I would!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24184
    FarleyUK said:
    sgosden said:
    FarleyUK said:

Decisions decisions...
    Get both, you pansy !!!!
    If I had the room (and funds) I would!
    If I was gigging - then the QC. Probably. If I was only a bassist - then QC again. Fractal have never been great for bass.

Studio only - I'd get the Fractal.
  • There's already rumours of the neural capture feature not being as 1:1 as described in videos. All remains to be seen I suppose, but if they don't have any more accurate capturing than the Kemper, then I'm not really interested tbh!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I'm mainly interested because of the bass plugins and the tiny size.

But with no gigs I'm only playing at home / recording and I have plenty of kit for that already.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There's already rumours of the neural capture feature not being as 1:1 as described in videos. All remains to be seen I suppose, but if they don't have any more accurate capturing than the Kemper, then I'm not really interested tbh!
    Yep. The Kemper is 10 years old. If the QC, with the hyping of its "sophisticated neural network algorithm", doesn't at a minimum match the Kemper profiling accuracy it will be a disappointment. 
    Is the Kemper really that old now?

Wow!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Is the Kemper really that old now?

Wow!
    Indeed - I'm getting old quicker than I thought!
  • And they're still developing it!! Pretty magical really.

Bye!

• Has Martin Miller got one of these on the floor in his latest video? It’s hard to see but it’s the box inbetween his volume pedal and axe Fx 3 controller. You can see it around 17:55 into the video.

https://youtu.be/RFK97GUkp-s

• Yep looks like it.

Bye!

• @kennedydream1980 he also thanks neural DSP for giving it to him in the description
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    Has Martin Miller got one of these on the floor in his latest video? It’s hard to see but it’s the box inbetween his volume pedal and axe Fx 3 controller. You can see it around 17:55 into the video.

https://youtu.be/RFK97GUkp-s

Doug at Neural confirmed all tones are QC - the Axe FX was just used as an interface, as the QC didn’t have usb audio when it was shot. 
    New demo - all guitars with the QC

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    See, I wonder what if Rabea has a preference of this or the Helix. Hes made a Helix preset which is prety sweet, but I think he prefers the QC. 
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    edited November 2020
    @Jetfire ;; I think it's difficult to judge when the majority of the content is sponsored?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetfire said:
    See, I wonder what if Rabea has a preference of this or the Helix. Hes made a Helix preset which is prety sweet, but I think he prefers the QC. 
    He doesn't have to care either way - he's got a constant stream of gear coming through, not to mention the fact that he's got a VX100 and a Soldano SLO v2 of his own.

With gear like that, I'll wager that he never gigs digital, except for the Frogleap gigs (which Helix 3.0 will help immensely with, and it'll be largely impossible to use anything else given that he makes extensive use of the integration between the Variax and the Helix).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I wouldn't listen to a word said on most YouTube demos. 
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I like Rabea a lot but I’ve bought a few things which sounded great in YouTube demos and were very unbalanced in person ( e.g way too dark / boomy ) so I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of the demo guys fix things in post without saying it. 
  • lysander said:
    I like Rabea a lot but I’ve bought a few things which sounded great in YouTube demos and were very unbalanced in person ( e.g way too dark / boomy ) so I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of the demo guys fix things in post without saying it. 
    That’s a very slippery slope to go down. Were you using the same guitar as Rabea? The same pick, amp, strings, guitar tuning, computer interface, IR (if applicable), mic’s etc etc? Not to mention you don’t have Rabeas hands.

Point being there are so many variables which can effect the tone/sound on any YouTube demo.