Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    edited October 2020
    @FarleyUK I haven't seen it said anywhere but is this  unpowered? i.e will need a power amp or some description

Edited to make it question, gotta stop typing when I'm not fully concentrating
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    Jetfire said:
    @FarleyUK I haven't seen it said anywhere but is this  unpowered? i.e will need a power amp or some description

Edited to make it question, gotta stop typing when I'm not fully concentrating
    Pretty sure it's un-powered. Just saw this on teh website:

- How do I use Quad Cortex live?
    Send the main outputs to a solid-state power amp, FRFR cab, and/or mixing console.
    I think this is firing shots at both Kemper and Helix/AxeFx ... Can one unit really do both? 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
    edited October 2020
    Jetfire said:
    Barnezy said:
    Looks like its a game changer. The end for amps and pedals is near. 

There's nothing in that video bar having a touch screen and profiler that is any different to what's out there in my opinion. 

However, tone wise I've yet to hear anything which would help me make up my mind
    Agree. However this has modeling and profiling in one small unit. It has ridiculous processing capability and ease of use. 

In a few years time, people will wonder what the hell you're doing, if you turn up with an amp at the rate this is moving at now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Barnezy said:
    Jetfire said:
    Barnezy said:

There's nothing in that video bar having a touch screen and profiler that is any different to what's out there in my opinion. 

However, tone wise I've yet to hear anything which would help me make up my mind
    Agree. However this has modeling and profiling in one small unit. It has ridiculous processing capability and ease of use. 

In a few years time, people will wonder what the hell you're doing, if you turn up with an amp at the rate this is moving at now. 
    Yep. I really wish I'd have kept all my amps now. Would have loved to profile them!

This has the potential to be superb; I'm just hoping it lives up to the expectations.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    FarleyUK said:
    I think the email I received sounded 'off' purely due to the team being based in Finland; I'm sure they didn't mean it like that.

Anyway, they have now confirmed that:

- All pre-orders will get the QC BEFORE any retailers
    - All pre-orders are being given 'perks'; these are TBC
    - All pre-orders now get free shipping via UPS

I expect Andertons will sell it for £1,599; so even with the crappy exchange rate, we're also paying a little less for it via the pre-order.

My hope for it is that it actually has the 'feel' and responsiveness you get from tube amps. I've had Fractal units, a Helix and a Kemper, and the Kemper was the closest; if this is on par with Kemper, I'd be happy, but I'm hoping for more.

Be interested to know how you get on with it. I wonder if Line 6 will be heading off to see their lawyers ... ;-)

I like the screen and ease of use - no PC required. It also sounds good.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Interesting ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I've still not heard anything from it that blows me away. It sounds like every other modern modeller right now.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordy said:
    @FarleyUK I'm on that tier 1 pre order thing but it seems like a low-key cluster f*ck in the waiting 
    The’ve seen how Fractal do it and want a piece of that sweet action ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    JohnCordy said:
    @FarleyUK I'm on that tier 1 pre order thing but it seems like a low-key cluster f*ck in the waiting 
    Give it 6 months and I reckon the Church of Neural will rival Cliff's disciples.
    Probably with a lot more bassists due to the Darkglass connection.

Some of the DG groups on facebook are nasty.
    JohnCordy said:
    Give it 6 months and I reckon the Church of Neural will rival Cliff's disciples.

Define nasty.... As in "skank face, that's a nasty riff" or "you're mean!!!!" 
    JohnCordy said:

The Fractal Fanbois are basically miniature Trumps.
  • I looked in on the Neural users FB page and it was a bit...erm...samey(?) Made me feel old and slow though ;)
    Jetfire said:
    JohnCordy said:

Define nasty.... As in "skank face, that's a nasty riff" or "you're mean!!!!" 
    "I'm trying to get a sound with this pedal..."

"You're using it wrong you dumb shit. Seriously. Isn't it obvious... and your playing sucks"

and then more insults.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    I've still not heard anything from it that blows me away. It sounds like every other modern modeller right now.
    Yeah I really haven't heard anything special from it yet and the lack of any proper demos makes me suspect it's not as good as it first appeared. Also the blatant rip off of the Helix GUI doesn't sit well with me - surely there's some sort of IP theft case waiting to happen here?

It's great to have another viable option in the digital world though, it does look really nice and Neural Plini sounded great. Didn't really like the Nolly or Nameless ones at all though.
    It would surprise me if there could be any issue with the UI design.

It's a visual representation of something the individual player programs.

The icons are different. Ultimately it's a graphic of a series of editable straight lines with some blocks on those lines.
    If Lego cannot protect the shape of their bricks to stop "lego compatible" products then I can't see the UI being able to be protected.

It's just a flow chart. Brilliant use of a flow chart - but ultimately just a flow chart and they've been around since the 1970s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    It would surprise me if there could be any issue with the UI design.

It's a visual representation of something the individual player programs.

The icons are different. Ultimately it's a graphic of a series of editable straight lines with some blocks on those lines.
    If Lego cannot protect the shape of their bricks to stop "lego compatible" products then I can't see the UI being able to be protected.

It's just a flow chart. Brilliant use of a flow chart - but ultimately just a flow chart and they've been around since the 1970s.
    Analogue flow charts from the 70s are much better than the modern digital ones IMO.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Sweetwater:

Manufacturing Partner = we sell their gear

Sales Engineer = sales... That's it 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Barnezy said:

From a contemporary review of the pod xt:
    To my ears, PodXT is in a different league. The sophistication of the modelling now allows the guitar and the player to interact with the sound just as you can with a high-quality valve amp. The way the amp models respond to guitar volume control settings is particularly impressive, as is the absence of noise and the significantly extended headroom — dig into a dynamic amp model and you get something back. The effects are strong and the user interface a delight, but even if they weren't, this time the sound alone is enough to convince at least one sceptic that, in the PodXT, desktop amp modelling has finally come of age.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Anyone know the business model going forward?  i.e How many models does it come with and will you have to pay for new ones?  The 'free' updates feature with Helix is fantastic, wouldn't like to pay £100 a pop for a new amp model