Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• Now to whinge about other things!!! I'm not sure I'm happy with how close the footswitches are together on it!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1948

Now to whinge about other things!!! I'm not sure I'm happy with how close the footswitches are together on it!
    That was the 1st thing that I thought, especially with the top row v bottom row spacing. Won't be an issue playing at home but live on stage?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Helix just there for size comparison.

This would be a pretty damn cool board.

hmmmmm... I think Rabea's just fucked my wallet.

Bye!

• Helix just there for size comparison.

You need a nice MIDI controller/loop thingy to go with that . :P
  • @Handsome_Chris ;

Just use the QC to send midi to all of the other devices! Simples!

Bye!

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    duotone said:
    Rabea has done an updated video “As it wasn’t a fair comparison, because I didn’t use the refine feature on the Kemper profiler”

Well Rabea certainly put some effort in to that.  I think the QC edges it.  If Neural get their act together and support this properly and it's not full of bugs this could be a winner
  • @Handsome_Chris ;

Where I was going with this is if the buttons are too close, is it going to go the way of the Morningstar?
  • @Handsome_Chris ;

Where I was going with this is if the buttons are too close, is it going to go the way of the Morningstar?
    Right I see what you mean. 

I think I'm only gonna know about footswitch placement once I see one in the metally flesh.

Bye!

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited February 2021
    The QC does seem noticeably better at capturing than the Kemper on the comparison videos I've seen so far. Just a lot cleaner/clearer in the low end and on palm mutes. In Rabea's the Kemper profile of the high gain Kraken sounds really muddy and compressed on the chugs. Seems like a really cool unit.

What I got from the Paul Davids video is that Tone King amp with its spring reverb sounded really bloody good, and I don't even like clean tones normally. The QC reverb seemed pretty average.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

Helix just there for size comparison.

You could squeeze a HX stomp on there too I bet 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    Yeah those glitches during snapshot changes are wank.

Most devices have a gap between preset changes, but I'm 99.9% sure that the Helix is faster than that!!
    Amplifire doesn't. Less flexibility on the signal path has some advantages it seems.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    I think these issues with the snapshots will be gone soon if they aren't already. 
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited February 2021
    Does it take third party plugins?  If it can do that I'm in!
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The new Rabea demo has certainly got my attention. The captures of the amps were extremely accurate and if the feel is there it could be a game changer.

I wonder how good the effects are. If the effects could get close to Fractal quality I may eventually take the plunge.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23912
    No modelling company is going to provide information about their software to allow other companies plugins to work. Too much of an IP risk.
  • So I spent a chunk of today making a video to try to demonstrate the issue I run into time and time again with the Profiler. Link is here:

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited February 2021
    No modelling company is going to provide information about their software to allow other companies plugins to work. Too much of an IP risk.
    So do the plugin companies have access to the Logic, Reaper and Pro Tools software IP?  And if not, how do the plugins work with stuff?

• Does it take third party plugins?  If it can do that I'm in!
    So do the plugin companies have access to the Logic, Reaper and Pro Tools software IP?  And if not, how do the plugins work with stuff?

There are software development kits that the plugin specification manufacturers release, which everyone builds from.

So for VST, Steinberg own the technology, and they release an SDK, which Neural and others use as part of their development toolkit.

For AudioUnit, Apple own the technology, and they release an SDK, which Neural and others use as part of their development toolkit.

For AAX, Avid own the technology, etc etc etc.

Bye!

• @WiresDreamDisasters thanks for the info.  My take away from it is that Neural would have to release an SDK to enable other parties stuff on their machine.