Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23913
    John_A said:
    Anyone know the business model going forward?  i.e How many models does it come with and will you have to pay for new ones?  The 'free' updates feature with Helix is fantastic, wouldn't like to pay £100 a pop for a new amp model
    Neural have said free updates to the QC.
    I think the Helix success stops anyone having any other ideas about that now!

Plugins will remain a separate product but if you buy a plugin then you'll get 2 versions - one for your DAW and the other to install on the QC so you can use the same tones live. That feature is not for launch though. Will be added later. I'm guessing next year some time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    John_A said:
    Anyone know the business model going forward?  i.e How many models does it come with and will you have to pay for new ones?  The 'free' updates feature with Helix is fantastic, wouldn't like to pay £100 a pop for a new amp model
    Neural have said free updates to the QC.
    I think the Helix success stops anyone having any other ideas about that now!

Plugins will remain a separate product but if you buy a plugin then you'll get 2 versions - one for your DAW and the other to install on the QC so you can use the same tones live. That feature is not for launch though. Will be added later. I'm guessing next year some time.
    Well I'm very interested then. Not in a huge rush to jump on one the second they are released, but it looks very promising
    The 4 full paths at once is very exciting for me. I love blending sounds. I run out of DSP on the Helix when I try to do what I really want!

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    The 4 full paths at once is very exciting for me. I love blending sounds. I run out of DSP on the Helix when I try to do what I really want!

That's not a huge concern for me.  Live I keep things pretty simple, and recording I prefer to blend things by putting down separate tracks.  I was even considering ditching the Helix for a Pod Go, but then I'd be left with a 3u rack space to fill :)
  • I want to know if they've eeked out any extra accuracy from the profiling... sorry... capturing, tech.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    It would surprise me if there could be any issue with the UI design.

It's a visual representation of something the individual player programs.

The icons are different. Ultimately it's a graphic of a series of editable straight lines with some blocks on those lines.
    If Lego cannot protect the shape of their bricks to stop "lego compatible" products then I can't see the UI being able to be protected.

It's just a flow chart. Brilliant use of a flow chart - but ultimately just a flow chart and they've been around since the 1970s.
    Fair enough! The layout and icons look very similar to me but I guess there's only so many ways you can do it anyway. 
  • TTBZ said:

The icons are different. Ultimately it's a graphic of a series of editable straight lines with some blocks on those lines.
    If Lego cannot protect the shape of their bricks to stop "lego compatible" products then I can't see the UI being able to be protected.

It's just a flow chart. Brilliant use of a flow chart - but ultimately just a flow chart and they've been around since the 1970s.
    Fair enough! The layout and icons look very similar to me but I guess there's only so many ways you can do it anyway. 
    Fair comparison to Windows and Apple though? Someone had to come up with that basic UI and now both use the basic principle of folders etc
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    TTBZ said:

Fair comparison to Windows and Apple though? Someone had to come up with that basic UI and now both use the basic principle of folders etc
    I’m pretty sure the use of “Files” and “Folders” existed before PCs. They used to keep them in a thing called a Filing Cabinet.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    TTBZ said:

I’m pretty sure the use of “Files” and “Folders” existed before PCs. They used to keep them in a thing called a Filing Cabinet.
    Aye, but I’m talking about the visual interpretation on screen, which is relevant to windows/Mac/helix/Neural

I’m old enough to have used a filing cabinet 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    So a month until launch, and there are STILL no demos out. I'm starting to get rather nervous and dubious now.... I've never known a company this close to release NOT flood everywhere with demos.

I guess you could argue they don't need to demo it, as the pre-orders all sold out etc..... but that doesn't make sense to me.

I'm going to keep my pre-order, but let's just say I'm pretty under-whelmed and dubious so far.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    FarleyUK said:
    So a month until launch, and there are STILL no demos out. I'm starting to get rather nervous and dubious now.... I've never known a company this close to release NOT flood everywhere with demos.

I guess you could argue they don't need to demo it, as the pre-orders all sold out etc..... but that doesn't make sense to me.

I'm going to keep my pre-order, but let's just say I'm pretty under-whelmed and dubious so far.
    Slightly off topic, but there's similar going on with the next generation playstation / Xbox. 
    "Amazing" new systems, with pre-orders already sold out and backlogged ... 

Fak all demos or meaningful showcasing of the systems. 

The obvious thing is the 'rona disrupting work patterns I guess. 

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I like the size and layout of it. I hate things with built in expression pedals. The Helix LT I had always felt like it was going to drop off. 
  • jeztone2 said:
    I like the size and layout of it. I hate things with built in expression pedals. The Helix LT I had always felt like it was going to drop off. 
    Same! I’m a lefty with my wah, so every other unit I can think of, gives me the fear! 

In fact, I’ve never bought any other unit and this is 99% why.
    sgosden said:
    FarleyUK said:

Slightly off topic, but there's similar going on with the next generation playstation / Xbox. 

Yep, but at least Microsoft and Sony have experience in producing good hardware, so it’s a safe bet the next generation will be decent. 

Neural have never made something like this - when I questioned the lack of demos on the ‘original user group’ Facebook page, I basically got told to STFU. Seems the Neural fanboys are already a bit testy...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    I find it mind-boggling that there are so many preorders without demos or unbiased reviews.
    FarleyUK said:
    sgosden said:
    FarleyUK said:

Yep, but at least Microsoft and Sony have experience in producing good hardware, so it’s a safe bet the next generation will be decent. 

Neural have never made something like this - when I questioned the lack of demos on the ‘original user group’ Facebook page, I basically got told to STFU. Seems the Neural fanboys are already a bit testy...
    Neural are Darkglass though.

They have plenty of experience in making hardware.

I saw the post on FB - I didn't think anyone told you to STFU. It was just people saying they didn't agree.
  • FarleyUK said:
    sgosden said:
    FarleyUK said:

I fully agree. It's pretty piss poor that we've not been absolutely drenched in demos at this point. I'm guessing it's because the firmware isn't ready and everyone is in crunch mode to hit a moving deadline.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Demo is up.... tonez!!!!

https://youtu.be/GVefWk4qZjU
  • Okay.. that has wet my tip..... very nice tones....

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds sublime!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom