Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    Barney said:
    I love the look and how practical and portable something like this would be ..but worried about the learning curve ...I'm miles behind in this kind of thing 
    I'm going to guess that it won't be any harder than the helix. The Helix UI really did change the market - showing the signal path with little icons so it can be followed like a trad set up.

The only real menus are lists of amps / fx etc. When you've picked one it then has normal controls. Gain / TMB / Volume etc etc.

I'd be amazed if the QC is any different - the UI is very close (ahem) to helix.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Trude said:
    To be honest, it mystifies me that global effect blocks aren't a standard feature in all MFX units these days. The GT1000 almost nails it, but where it falls down is getting quick access to the effect settings you want to tweak. Mind you, there have been a few updates since I last tried one, so this might have been improved
    On the GT-1000, this came in with V2 firmware (they're up to 3.13 now, I think) you can configure the rotary knobs you want to adjust. On mine, for a global amp (i.e., one of the "stompbox" blocks) I apply gain, bass, mid, treble, volume so I can tweak for the room and then write it back so it's consistent across all patches using that amp. It's one of the best features of the unit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    eoinzy said:
    What's the reason people want this thing so bad?
    - plugin rep
    - profiling
    - form factor

I don't get the hype to the extent of what it is? The UI reminds me of a science periodic table. Also this is their first venture into hardware. Are we expecting it to be perfect out the box and have great firmware support.
    Pretty much all of those three for me, if I was confident they'd get their act together and support it long-term I'd jump on one
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Trude said:
    To be honest, it mystifies me that global effect blocks aren't a standard feature in all MFX units these days. The GT1000 almost nails it, but where it falls down is getting quick access to the effect settings you want to tweak. Mind you, there have been a few updates since I last tried one, so this might have been improved
    On the GT-1000, this came in with V2 firmware (they're up to 3.13 now, I think) you can configure the rotary knobs you want to adjust. On mine, for a global amp (i.e., one of the "stompbox" blocks) I apply gain, bass, mid, treble, volume so I can tweak for the room and then write it back so it's consistent across all patches using that amp. It's one of the best features of the unit.
    Yeah, I did something similar when I had one, but I’m more thinking of a way to quickly tweak the last effect you turned on. I think you can do it on Helix by touching the foot pedal?
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm more than happy with my Helix but admit to being slightly Quad curious.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited November 2020
    If not seen, the Neural Demo at Guitar Guitar on 21st 12th Nov has been postponed - amended and my mistake

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    Kebabkid said:
    If not see, the Neural Demo at Guitar Guitar on 21st Nov has been postponed

I'm going to bet that nobody gets their order this year.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I thought it was the 12th? 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Jetfire said:
    I thought it was the 12th? 
    Amended and you're absolutely right :)
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    Kebabkid said:
    If not see, the Neural Demo at Guitar Guitar on 21st Nov has been postponed

I'm going to bet that nobody gets their order this year.
    Allegedly it was postponed as GuitarGuitar has issues with their livestream platform....

I'm not saying anything.
    They've finally admitted to a 'short delay', with no details on revised timelines:

https://neuraldsp.com/blogs/news/quad-cortex-november-development-update
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This is why I rarely pre-order things.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    This is why I rarely pre-order things.

Especially something like this, which will probably need a month or two of hotfixes after the eventual launch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    Bidley said:
    This is why I rarely pre-order things.

Especially something like this, which will probably need a month or two of hotfixes after the eventual launch.
    Theres also the risk that the product needs a hardware/manufacturing tweak as volumes ramp up to fix unreliability issues (which cant be done via software updates) - so you get one of the early versions that ends up being temperamental (Kemper floorboard switches spring to mind)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Dammit guys, you're killing my GAS.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    edited November 2020
    Well, I think it sounds incredible, and can't wait to get my hands on one - no matter what the wait time is. Not like I can get out gigging just now anyway

• duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Agreed @smudge_lad ;
    It does sound good. Won’t be long until people are doing comparison videos on YouTube, so we can hear how the amp & FX compare to the Helix/Kemper/Axe FX
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Well everything sounds good on YouTube. People manipulate the sound in post, they're professionals who can make shitty units sound decent. The real test is whether it sounds good for you in your studio or live band setting. Ultimately I know that it's a risk buying any of these expensive products because I have no idea how it'll sound until I get it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Well, I think it sounds incredible, and can't wait to get my hands on one - no matter what the wait time is. Not like I can get out gigging just now anyway

TGP has become a cess-pit of people arguing over the sounds in that video. Personally, I can hear a difference between the ap and the captured sound.

The guy that is capturing it in the video joined and confirmed to me that there is the option to 'refine' the capture; he mentioned they also thought it didn't sound quite right, and they ran the refinement process a few times to help get it closer.

TBH, it's not a big deal to me as I have no amps to capture...!

There's also a lot of unanswered questions from Neural (there's a shocker) around how third party people will be able to sell / share captures. It's going to be very different to the current situation with Kemper profiles.
    ....and sod's law, just got my invite through to purchase the AXE-FX 3 mk2...!!!!

Decisions decisions...
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom