Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pedalboards ? Do You Have More Than One... And If So, Why ....???

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I only have one but I think I could do with a second, smaller board just for acoustic use
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a big one that i put together because I thought I needed all that stuff, that one basically never get used.  I have a smaller one which I love.  Why do I keep the big one? No fricking clue, apart from being vain I guess because I haven't actually used that in a while.

that top board is awesome!
  • Yup, big one and little one. Depends on my mood.
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    edited October 2020
    Yep I use two boards as well. Given the current situation, I’m not sure for how much longer mind...

They both cover similar ground really, but the bigger one (powered by a Zuma) is more multi-purpose. 

The smaller one (powered by Cioks DC7) was mainly for when I know space it at a premium at certain places. Or when I’m (well was...) playing particular styles and didn’t quite need all the stuff on the bigger board. 

• FezFez Frets: 522
    I have 3 a main gigging board which is a metro 20 with wah off at the RHS. A small board as a sort of backup but intended to go in fx loop. Then I have my old pedal deck for messing around at home. PSU's are One spot a dc brick and an old crappy maplin one for the messing around board.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • I've got my single pedals, My Helix Floor, and my Kemper Remote. They can all chop and change right now as we are not gigging (is anyone?!) and everything is going on at home. Not planning on getting rid of anything!! I love it all!

Bye!

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    Bigger one for covers band and small one for blues band
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9515
    Jota said:
    There was a time when I had a board for my band with a multi fx and a couple of pedals and a smaller board to play my stuff at home.
    Now I have only one board although I only use half of it with the band. But it's small enough and I still can have the extra pedals I use for my stuff at home.

Nice compact board that.... 

Why are the Fulltone logos covered up ?
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    Two here, having been through various iterations.

One PT Nano+ that is primarily an "in the loop" board for use with amps, where all the gain is amp-based and I just want delays etc. It does get used as a swap-about board though, and sometimes is the "in the front" option too, with different pedals on it.

One Metro that I need to spend more time with, as it's basically just an HX FX, expression pedal, American Sound and Smoothhound receiver. This was going to be my "does it all" board for in the front, 4CM, in the loop, direct to PA etc. etc. with patches configured for every single occasion. It has been somewhat sidelined in favour of the simplicity of amp+small board, though, as I simply haven't had/don't have enough time to fart about with patches for all the different scenarios/guitars/styles that I think I might need. I still really like the concept, though, so at some point will sit down and do some basic patches that cover most situations and start using it more again.
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    edited October 2020
    Jota said:
    There was a time when I had a board for my band with a multi fx and a couple of pedals and a smaller board to play my stuff at home.
    Now I have only one board although I only use half of it with the band. But it's small enough and I still can have the extra pedals I use for my stuff at home.

Nice compact board that.... 

Why are the Fulltone logos covered up ?

I call it my hypocritical version of cancel culture.
    I don't like the guy, I don't want to support his business (all bought used) and I don't want to see his name every time I look at my board but... I like his pedals!
    I know I could probably replace them but I'd have to go down the buy-and-sell rabbit hole and these work fine for me so...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    Currently - 3(ish)

I've got the big board, a smaller board that gets made into the acoustic board or bass board depending on what I need live.

and a Pedaltrain Nano that has a rechargeable power supply for taking to jams (for if I end up at a jam playing a broken 90s Marshall Valvestate)  although I build that from the big board when needed.  it will eventually have it's own pedals so I don't have to mess with the big board.

I will also be investing in a 4th board so that the acoustic and bass boards can be permanently built, rather than cobbled together when needed.
  • I do have mulple Morley wahs... simply because they offer different things.  The Lead Wah has a super big and growling sweep, whereas my Wah Lok has the ability to lock in a wah tone, but also has the Whoa function (reduced and deep sweep). And I also have the Power Wah Volume, which has a more classic wah sound, along with a volume function. Obviously, I play in a studio environment and select the pedal I want to use, when I want to use it.

Likely the only pedal I would have two of, if I were gigging, would be the Eventide H9 Max. That is common with a lot of guitarists, since there could be a patch you like on the H9 (e.g., phaser with delay), but you may also want to add a harmonizer tone, which would require another H9 unit. That may seem overkill, but the number of patches, sounds and the quality of sound has had many top musicians fitting their boards with two units in order to do all they want.

• Two - 

first is main gigging board - or would be if there were any gigs... I redid this during lockdown, so it’s never been blooded onstage. 

Second is mini pedals - I actually gigged mini pedal boards for a year or two but this is a new one based on the old case and cover. Again, never gigged but I’ll probably give it a go when the opportunity presents itself... 

I keep considering an acoustic board but since I  don’t even own an acoustic currently...
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited October 2020
    Have my main board which is a pedaltrain jr copy. I have a few choice pedals and it’s been pretty similar for about a decade now. The LS-2 is used as an FX loop so I can punch modulation and delays in and out. 

Then for my main band I’m keeping a TC Nova System with an exp pedal a fuzz and a tube screamer mini. As I have to sing backing Vox. I like preset mode. Also for some reason those big crystalline delays seem to work really well for that bands sounds. 

I keep thinking I should upgrade. But tbh, I don’t think I need too. So it’s the devil I know.