Nitro safe guitar rack

What's Hot
Hi all,

Any ideas? I'm looking to rack 6 guitars at the mo but if the past is any indicator of the future that will grow :)

Si
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    This comes up regularly. If you draw a line of best fit through all the responses your answer will be “Hercules”.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Hercules is the way to go!
  • Thanks guys - Hercules it is then...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Hercules or Warwick Rockstand.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I've been using a Warwick Rockstand for years, although I have a nice one on order from Stand-made.
  • Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Legal arse-covering, I think. They did originally state that they were.

I've been using one in my workshop for about 20 years and it's never produced the slightest reaction on any guitar finish put on it, including plenty of nitro ones.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I must have had my Warwick for the best part of 10 years.  Not had any problems with it.
  • Good to know, cheers.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• I use the cheap stagg fluffy travel suitcase thing.
    Have done for years with no issues
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    I got a Rockstand fro Thomann several years ago.  None of my guitars have suffered due to their standing in it.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11630
    Hercules for me.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    I have a Hercules stand lined with old cotton underpants to be on the safe side. But then you didn't want to know that, did you? B)
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    My Hercules rack marked my Faded SG. It happened in the space of about a week. I’ve since wrapped some cloth round the rack in places and it’s been fine since.

• markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Hercules!