Newtone Strings.

What's Hot
After years using d'addario's 12 - 53 gauge, for bluesy fingerpicking on my short scale Eastman Parlour, I thought l would try Newtone 12's, and upped the bottom from a 53 to a 56......hoping for a bigger sounding thumb thump. 
Dunno if its just in my head because they sound different from what l usually use, but  l think l might have just found my new favourite strings....... Anybody got an opinion? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    Love their bass strings!
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3679
    They work well for my guitars too.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I use Newtone on my acoustics  - I like a lower tension on the strings and find I can use 12's (Newtone) where I'd be using 11's on most other things.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72244
    I love them on all my instruments - electric, acoustic, and bass.

The bass strings I recently put on my Rickenbacker are amazing - they actually sustain noticeably longer as well as sounding far more harmonically complex and yet not brash or zingy, compared to either the Rotosounds I had on it or the D'Addarios before that - and they also feel softer under my fingers. Quite simply the best bass strings I've ever played - the only others that have even come close are DRs.

The guitar ones were possibly not such a huge leap in quality, but they're still better than anything I've used before.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8687
    ICBM said:

The guitar ones were possibly not such a huge leap in quality, but they're still better than anything I've used before.
    This
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • They are great strings indeed.
  • Great strings - use the Heritage low tension on my Gibson AG Parlor, and his normal strings on my Martin OM-21 (the action is so low that reduced tension strings buzz)

Helps that's Neil's unit is about 6 miles from my house, so I can pop in and pick a few packs up at a time, have a natter etc - top bloke!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just ordered a set in my quest for the tone I'm after. Hope they derliver.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Tried them a few times but my absolute favourites are Curt Mangans. Fantastic.
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 74
    I have Newtone strings on a few of my guitars and really love the tone and longevity of them. I've recently tried a set of the lower tension heritage strings on my McIroy, and they sound and feel great, definitely really comfy to play, but I discovered last night that they really don't like tuning down to DADGAD; the guitar lost all its tone! I guess there's a good reason they do a specific set of DADGAD heritage strings...