SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Weber 5e3 Deluxe, Fawn Slub tolex, Robinette mods, 1963 Blue Alnico, SOLD

MajorDudeMajorDude Frets: 77
edited October 2020 in Amps £
SOLD: Custom Weber 5e3 Deluxe Combo with '63 Vox Blue Alnico Speaker, Hotcover: £850 £800 PPG includes UK mainland postage

Speaker option: Happy to fit a Celestion G12M Greenback and reduce the price by £150 if preferred

This great 5e3 Deluxe-based amp was tweaked into what was my perfect compact gig and home/recording pedal platform combo. It 
has had no expense spared and I have sold 3x Carr boutique amps since owing it. It is light, loud and likes OD and Fuzz pedals.
It has been tweaked to stay tight and clean all the way up the dial, with the help of the following three Rob Robinette mods...

1) 3-way switch for Normal/negative feedback/cathode bypass
2) Mid control (for blackface vs Tweed style tones) 
3) Master volume control to give back some slight grind at lower volumes - still pretty clean though!

The amp has 1x Normal and 1x Bright input and use of the low input sockets to accommodate the MID and Master Volume pots. 
The 3-way switch is fitted in the unused external speaker socket which means that the chassis has not been drilled and all mods are reversible if required.

The tweed cabinet was recovered in Fawn Slub tolex and Fender Silver Sparkle grill cloth by Hoffnine Amps last year

Speaker is a vintage (1963) Vox Celestion Blue which has been re-coned and restored with NOS components by Roy Johnson at recones.com. Definitely the sweetest sounding Celestion Blue alnico I've owned.

The amp comes complete with vintage RCA 6V6's, vintage RCA preamp valves and a padded protection slip by HotCovers.

I'm happy to box well and post OR deliver within the North East UK area OR arrange socially distanced collection with payment in advance.

Fitted with the Blue speaker I'm looking for £850 £800 PPG Shipped + fully insured, or £800 £750 collection in person.

Fitted with the optional G12M Greenback I'm looking for £700 £650 PPG shipped + fully insured, or £650 £600 collected in person

No trades, sorry. PM me with any questions. Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments