Atkin truss rod hex nut size?

What's Hot
Hi, are there any Atkin guitars owners that could tell me what size the hex nut is for the truss rod adjustment. I'm assuming it'll be 4 or 5mm. I've reached out to Atkin guitars directly a couple of times but I've had no reply so I'm wondering if they are shut down temporarily due to Covid constraints. I have Atkin L1 but I guess it'll be common sizing across all the guitars. 

Any help much appreciated! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GandalphGandalph Frets: 1576
    edited October 2020
    Sorry I can’t help with the truss rod but between February and June this year I sent several emails to Atkin, tried contacting them through their website and left more than one answer machine message. I got nothing whatsoever back from them. I contacted Collings and they replied within a couple of hours as they have subsequently every time I’ve contacted them since.

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    edited October 2020
    It’s 4mm. Leastways it is in my Atkin OM.

Edit: It’s a bit worrying that two of you have had trouble getting in contact. Alister is usually very good at responding. Let’s hope he’s OK.
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 74
    Gandalph said:
    Sorry I can’t help with the truss rod but between February and June this year I sent several emails to Atkin, tried contacting them through their website and left more than one answer machine message. I got nothing whatsoever back from them. I contacted Collings and they replied within a couple of hours as they have subsequently every time I’ve contacted them since.

Glad it's not just me then, but I do suspect that they might be on covid furlough. 
    Jimbro66 said:
    It’s 4mm. Leastways it is in my Atkin OM.

Edit: It’s a bit worrying that two of you have had trouble getting in contact. Alister is usually very good at responding. Let’s hope he’s OK.
    Brilliant, thank you. I'll get a wrench ordered now. Yes, I was surprised not to hear anything back from them. 
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    tomjax said:
    Gandalph said:

Glad it's not just me then, but I do suspect that they might be on covid furlough. 
    They are still quite active on Instagram, and a few stores seem to have received recent shipments of new Atkin guitars. Maybe just reduced staff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Epsilon said:
    tomjax said:
    Gandalph said:

They are still quite active on Instagram, and a few stores seem to have received recent shipments of new Atkin guitars. Maybe just reduced staff.
    Thanks, might try and reach them through that route... Although I've now got the answer to my main question...