You know that thing where someone comes up with an idea that they think is really great ...

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
but you just screw your face up in horror and disbelief ....

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    edited October 2020
    maybe if they could attach without patch cables..... nah, maybe not. 

Oh, I think they do. Still maybe not. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    but you just screw your face up in horror and disbelief ....

Is that what was revealed after the gigrig teaser?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ? Can’t see the pic. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    I’m ashamed to say I love the look of them. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Trouble is, at least one jigsaw piece always gets lost.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    in fairness its done with a 3D printer. when I saw it on Instagram thought it might work if he makes it avail in budget kit form and you print/build your own. 
    Made me think of www.modaleffects.com  - neat idea and I can see the logic, but........

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Like all modular systems you're committed to buying their effects, some of which might be crap.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Solutions to problems nobody is having.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    munckee said:
    I’m ashamed to say I love the look of them. 
    Me too :).

... but they’re not a very practical idea really.

There have been a few previous attempts to make “plug-together” pedals like this - with conventional box shapes - but they all suffer from the same problem, which is that they’re only compatible with each other.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• But isn’t there something more pleasing about a board covered in varied glowing boxes that don’t match as opposed to a neat row of identikit boss pedals? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    But isn’t there something more pleasing about a board covered in varied glowing boxes that don’t match as opposed to a neat row of identikit boss pedals? 
    Wiz'd. 100% right!

But isn’t there something more pleasing about a board covered in varied glowing boxes that don’t match as opposed to a neat row of identikit boss pedals? 
    No... unless all the different pedals are as well-designed as Boss ones. Which is a very short list.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    ICBM said:
    they all suffer from the same problem
    Yes. That bloody 3PDT switch.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Puzzling design choice, really. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That bloody 3PDT switch.
    That’s true. And the flat casing with the knobs where you can knock them. And the LED in that annoying place.

*Apart* from that... I thought the shape was quite amusing :).

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Also that logo above the main foot switch is already in use by Mastery.