Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ex-name gear you've owned

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    My 52ri Tele is supposedly ex Adrian Ingram but he's apparently been through hundreds of them as spares down the years. It was so clean I presume it wasn't played much. 

I've also got a JCM900 mk3 combo that I got from a guy who used to be in Midlands Celtic rockers Quill. He'd got 3 or 4 JCM900s in his garage all flightcased up with Quill logos.

I have a Rich Robinson pick which I caught at a Crowes gig at Manchester Apollo.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    My 52ri Tele is supposedly ex Adrian Ingram but he's apparently been through hundreds of them as spares down the years. It was so clean I presume it wasn't played much. 

I've also got a JCM900 mk3 combo that I got from a guy who used to be in Midlands Celtic rockers Quill. He'd got 3 or 4 JCM900s in his garage all flightcased up with Quill logos.

I have a Rich Robinson pick which I caught at a Crowes gig at Manchester Apollo.

I had an ES-135 that was supposed to have been his (Adrian Ingram), but I had a 1938 ES-150 that really was his. He wrote the appraisal for it as well.
    Call me Dave.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    munckee said:
    @jerkmoans has the winner for me. 
    :heart: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    I had a Matchless HC30 that was allegedly used by Robbie McIntosh when he was part of John Mayers touring band. Sold that to Neil @IvisonGuitars so I could purchase a Matchless King Cobra head that was once owned by Matt Schofield.
    Nice amp but should've kept the HC30.
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Hmm, where to start... =)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewton said:
    I had a Matchless HC30 that was allegedly used by Robbie McIntosh when he was part of John Mayers touring band. Sold that to Neil @IvisonGuitars so I could purchase a Matchless King Cobra head that was once owned by Matt Schofield.
    Nice amp but should've kept the HC30.
    Robbie bought a Tele off of me. So just waiting for him to come on and say he owns one of Taffs guitars 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited October 2020
    mikem8634 said:
    One Shure 545 as owned by Mungo Jerry. BOOM... drops it and leaves the room.

Just close the thread now.
    I used to work with his guitarist, good bloke. 

One of my Carvin Legacy amps used to belong to Steve Vai, I have Alex Skolnick’s old pedal board from his Ozzy tour (empty, unfortunately) and I have a beautiful 70’s Gibson Les Paul from Simon Ratcliffe (Basement Jaxx). And for some reason I have an old guitar amp off Rat Scabies. Oh and a mic from the main stage at Glasto a couple of years back

http://i.imgur.com/D3L2B1K.jpg
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I had a 70’s Les Paul that used to belong to Chicago blues dude Johnny B Moore, that went round the forum carousel before last being seen Stateside in the hands of a club promoter... 

Currently have @munckee ‘s wet dream, a 1980’s Ric 360/12 that was originally owned by Jim McCulloch of the Soup Dragons and BMX Bandits, and can be seen on the video to ‘Mother Universe’ by the former. 

And I once gave an Aria semi acoustic bass to Random Jon Poole, ex Cardiacs, while he was touring with Ginger Wildheart and his own bass got banjaxed.

Rock and fucking roll, man \m/
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    John_A said:
    daveyh said:
    I used to have a Plexi that was supposedly once Jake E Lees.

If that's true, you win :)
    Haha I wish I could prove it. It was battered enough though.
  • I bought a Gibson R4 Black Beauty on eBay and picked it up in person. As I was leaving, the seller (who lived in Brighton) ran after to me and said "I forgot to tell you, that guitar used to belong to Gary Moore."

His story was that Gary had unloaded a bunch of guitars to GAK, of which this was one, and the seller had bought it from there. When I lived in Brighton my friends used to see Gary in GAK from time to time, so it sounded plausible. I was inclined to believe him because if you're going to lie about something like that, you put it in the eBay listing to bump up the price, don't you? It would be weird to start lying after the buyer's already paid cash.

That said, I couldn't find a single picture of Gary with an R4 on Google Images.

Anyway, I sold it on here (too cheap, apparently) a couple of years ago. I didn't really like it.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    octatonic said:
    Do girlfriends count?
    An ex girlfriend of mine used to belong to the drummer from Dead or Alive.
    daveyh said:

An ex girlfriend of mine used to belong to the drummer from Dead or Alive.
    Did he get into slave trading before or after his rock n roll career diversion?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jason said:
    I've got Butch Walker's Greco V
    Amazing! I bought the R4 in my post above because of Butch Walker's Custom on the Live at Budokan DVD. Love him. This wins the thread for me, unless someone exhumed the bumblebee Frankenstrat from Dimebag's grave or something.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • pjf said:
    Scratched Iggy Pop’s naked belly like a dog at Leeds fest many years back, doubt that counts as an instrument though. Played a guitar that belonged to a guy in the 22-20s, famous for “Devil In Me” which was on a car advert a while ago. 
    I really like/d the 22-20s! And that's a long way from the best version of that song.

Ben Kweller gave me his pick when I met him after a gig in Camden and I've got a couple of Ian's from Gomez.

I bought a Hondo 335 copy belonging to a former member of Juadas Priest once. I bought it online and, upon inspection, the neck had warped so the shop owner wouldn't send it out to me and gave me my money back before "binning it".

Also had a delay and chrous for a while that belonged to the late Tom Edwards (Fields of the Nephilim, Adam Ant, Andrea Corr, Roddy Frame... the first Chapman guitars signature artist...).
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2036
    Also had in my possession an R7 which belonged to my mate for a while and was previously owned by Owen Morris... even had his name stamped on the back of the body. Apparently was used by Noel Gallagher, Richard Ashcroft and the View who had some sort of paint fight in the studio and you could still see specks of pink paint on the guitar. Think I still have pics on my phone. 

Guy who owns it now claims it was actually owned by Noel, not sure that’s the case but nice history either way.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028

Hmmm...

• Ex-Chris Rea SynthAxe.

• Ex-Alex Lifeson Stepp DG-1.

• Sold a Roland GR-300 and G-505 to Alex Kapranos (previously ex-@Funkfingers)

• I have a heavily-modified Gibson E2 Explorer that was allegedly owned by some 'name' Metal guitarist, but I have no idea who it was.

• Some more stuff I can't remember - eg. one of my old JayDee Explorers came from a similar source ('80's rock dude), but I can't remember who.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    My first Marshall, jcm 900 duel reverb, was owned by one mr “Captain Sensible” prior to me getting it all them years ago...

bass monkey now has it... might offer him £100 for it!
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    poopot said:
    My first Marshall, jcm 900 duel reverb, was owned by one mr “Captain Sensible” prior to me getting it all them years ago...

bass monkey now has it... might offer him £100 for it!
    Awesome
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    impmann said:
    Bought a Marshall Studio 15 from Mansons, apparently Martin Barre owned about 6 of them and flogged the lot. Nice little amp. 
    He certainly did and recorded the Crest of a Knave album with Jethro Tull using one - awesome guitar tones on that album imho. I’ve lusted after one of those amps for years! 
    I bought a pair of cords off Martin. 
    My Barre cords as I refer to them...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I’ll be surprised if someone’s reaction to the below isn’t “who?”

I’ve owned:
    - Ibanez RG previously owned by the guy from Hed Pe
    - Ibanez S series from the guy from Stone Sour
    - Ibanez Jem from the guy from Pain of Salvation
    (all from Reverb/eBay listing where they were under valued, even I think actually as a result of being heavily gigged by people no-ones heard of!)
    Out of this whole thread, these are prob the only names I recognize (apart from the Foo Fighters)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom