HX Stomp question....

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
does this work?

Imagine for a mo you have the Stomp in the FX loop and hidden and out of reach under your regular pedal board

Is it possible to prime the Stomp with a particular patch ready to go and remote switch the unit on with a connected cable and switcher pedal?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited October 2020
    You could do it with a small midi pedal, like the Disaster Area Midi baby. Just set it to toggle global bypass on/off
    Any midi device capable of sending cc messages should work. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    Thanks man....is there a less expensive option?
    tae be or not tae be
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    I believe you can assing an external switch to turn the bypass on/off. Those are super cheap.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    edited October 2020
    Why wouldn’t you just have the stomp set up in snapshot mode, with nothing switched on in snap 1, then have everything come on with snap 2? 

With all of the options and things that the stomp can do, it would feel like a waste having it set up for only one thing and stuck away under the board. Especially with the routing options, you could have patches/blocks set up to run in front of your amp, and then have your particular patch sent to the FX Loop when you turn it on
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    You could use an external switch and assign multiple functions to it, so one hit brings in effect X, Y and Z.
    Hootsmon said:
    Thanks man....is there a less expensive option?
    I guess you could do it with something like a Bright Onion / Wee lush true bypass looper (or a Boss LS2) - just leave the HX Stomp on and switch it in/ out with the looper 
    Why wouldn’t you just have the stomp set up in snapshot mode, with nothing switched on in snap 1, then have everything come on with snap 2? 

With all of the options and things that the stomp can do, it would feel like a waste having it set up for only one thing and stuck away under the board. Especially with the routing options, you could have patches/blocks set up to run in front of your amp, and then have your particular patch sent to the FX Loop when you turn it on

i am awaiting delivery of an Alderandash pedal board....the wooden one with a LID and space underneath....i thought it would be cool to have the (as yet un bought) :)  Stomp hid away inside...and switch from small pedal
    tae be or not tae be

Is there a pedal that would do that for me and give me the visuals too?

Like what patch and snapshot and so forth
    tae be or not tae be
  • Hootsmon said:

Is there a pedal that would do that for me and give me the visuals too?

Like what patch and snapshot and so forth
    I use a Morningstar MC6 which is programmed to change patches and snapshots remotely, and has the screen for visuals. I’m not sure you get anything much smaller to give you visuals about which patch your Stomp is on, but I may be wrong
    smudgey....could that gizmo be used for bypass on/off too?
    tae be or not tae be
  • Hootsmon said:
    The display on that will only show you numbers, so you’d need to know which patches/snapshots were aligned to which numbers on the controller
  • Hootsmon said:
    I’m confused by this bypass on/off theory, lol.

If you have a patch/snapshot with NOTHING turned on, then that’s the same as “bypass”, no?

Your next snapshot then has blocks/effects activated, therefore not bypassed?
    Sorry dad
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2020
    Hootsmon said:
    I’m confused by this bypass on/off theory, lol.

If you have a patch/snapshot with NOTHING turned on, then that’s the same as “bypass”, no?

Your next snapshot then has blocks/effects activated, therefore not bypassed?
    There is a cc command (70) that will completely bypass the HX Stomp which is different to running through a load of blocks that are switched off. 
    You can also connect a momentary footswitch and assign this to "all bypass " thus avoiding midi altogether. The Mosky Dual Switch at about £14 would work and is about your cheapest option 
    Ta Bee :)
    tae be or not tae be
    I see the Morningstar MC6 used with the Stomp on the net a ;lot.....is the Stomp not gigable with the knobs and options of its' own?

what doe the Morningstar MC6 bring to the table that the stomp laþks?

tae be or not tae be
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    edited October 2020
    Hootsmon said:
    I see the Morningstar MC6 used with the Stomp on the net a ;lot.....is the Stomp not gigable with the knobs and options of its' own?

what doe the Morningstar MC6 bring to the table that the stomp laþks?

It definitely is giggable on its own, I used it successfully on a small board.

The options that the MC6 brings are that when you have the Stomp set up one way (snapshot mode, or stomp mode) you’re then limited to what those options allow - the MC6 allows you to “bypass” these restrictions.

For instance, I use snapshot mode on the Stomp. This means I can’t load the tuner from one of the 3 Stomp buttons. I can load that from the MC6. Also, I have my 3 snapshots set up and and can’t really alter these on the fly, but with the MC6 I can have each of the 6 blocks assigned to the switches on the MC6. So if I’m not feeling the reverb, I can turn it off. If the snapshot doesn’t have my overdrive block turned on, I can activate that on its own from the MC6
    :) ta
    tae be or not tae be
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Surely if you've got a Stomp you'd want everyone to see it?
    What's the point of ownership if no-one knows about it?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom