Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

GigRig G3!

What's Hot

Comments

• Mr_HMr_H Frets: 6
    markr76 said:

If I can figure out how it works 4CM my credit card might well get a battering!

You would need to use one of the loops. Loop send goes to your amp input, then the effects loop send on your amp connects to the loop return on the G3. Now the preamp section of your amp is in a loop pretty much like another pedal.
    +1 on this. You be better going with the full size g3 if you want 4cm. The full size one has a movable volume/loop insert without taking one of your loops.
    The G3 differs from the G2 in that here is no separate volume loop.  Therefore you'd need to use one of the normal loops to send to an amp for four cable method or for a centre amp adding a humdinger to the loop.  It's actually a better solution than the volume loop but not if you're upgrading from a fully stuff G2...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mr_H said:
    markr76 said:

You would need to use one of the loops. Loop send goes to your amp input, then the effects loop send on your amp connects to the loop return on the G3. Now the preamp section of your amp is in a loop pretty much like another pedal.
    +1 on this. You be better going with the full size g3 if you want 4cm. The full size one has a movable volume/loop insert without taking one of your loops.
    The G3 differs from the G2 in that here is no separate volume loop.  Therefore you'd need to use one of the normal loops to send to an amp for four cable method or for a centre amp adding a humdinger to the loop.  It's actually a better solution than the volume loop but not if you're upgrading from a fully stuff G2...
    I think I follow that :) The other nice thing is that a G3 would make my Voodoo Labs ground control pro redundant as it could do my midi for me too, which would take me down to a single board, win!
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    I  could buy 10 Henrys for that money. And have a very clean pedal board.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Mr_H said:
    markr76 said:

I think I follow that :) The other nice thing is that a G3 would make my Voodoo Labs ground control pro redundant as it could do my midi for me too, which would take me down to a single board, win!
    Yeah Dan and the team have focussed very hard on getting MIDI right on the G3.  It'll definitely meet most peoples needs.  And for those that need more there's the Morningstar MC6/8.  Sorry if my answer slightly confused you or made your brain bleed.  I have a fully stuffed G2 plus lots of other stuff so have taken particular interest in G3 and its many improvements

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Philtre said:
    I  could buy 10 Henrys for that money. And have a very clean pedal board.
    Henrys are shit though. No suction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Lebarque said:
    Too complicated for me, all that wet/dry, midi etc. stuff.
    Actually after using an ES5 for a couple of years now it’s not that difficult to program. I would go as far to say that going by those videos the G3 appears  easier/quicker to program presets. However, I haven’t seen a demo of doing any midi switching yet but I’m sure it must do 
    I think you're underestimating how much of a luddite I am, @hotpickups ! Saying that, if @Wazmeister can manage it...
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:
    Actually after using an ES5 for a couple of years now it’s not that difficult to program. I would go as far to say that going by those videos the G3 appears  easier/quicker to program presets. However, I haven’t seen a demo of doing any midi switching yet but I’m sure it must do 
    I think you're underestimating how much of a luddite I am, @hotpickups ! Saying that, if @Wazmeister can manage it...
    Believe me if I can do it anyone can :) 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9531
    Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:
    There is hope for us all yet =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    Did the G2 not allow you to move the loops around?
    You can move the loops around on the g2. It’s pretty easy to do. But I’m guessing the g3 has Bluetooth and the phone app. Which should be easier to use once setup. 
    markr76 said:
    Did the G2 not allow you to move the loops around?
    You can move the loops around on the g2. It’s pretty easy to do. But I’m guessing the g3 has Bluetooth and the phone app. Which should be easier to use once setup. 
    You can do it on the G3 itself without the app.  It looks very straight forward and can be done per preset.  Dan demoes it in one of the videos on the Gigrig channel
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Rocker needs one of these for the massive pedalboard he'll be buying.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol GAS is a strange thang innit. I really don’t need it but I am liking the Atom for its size and a straight replacement for my Boss ES5, a plus too as it has an extra loop that I could use. 

Thank god I just don’t have the funds to fuel a purchase ;) The only time being strapped has saved the day lol 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Honest question. If you use mainly single pedals such as drives, fuzz and single pedal modulations like a phase 90 plus one timeline and a flint is there any benefit of an Atom over a quartermaster? 
    shaunm said:
    Honest question. If you use mainly single pedals such as drives, fuzz and single pedal modulations like a phase 90 plus one timeline and a flint is there any benefit of an Atom over a quartermaster? 
    Being able to move the order around is the most important for me and the much improved midi implementation. You can’t do that with a quartermaster. 
  • shaunm said:
    As well as the order switching, you're also getting programmability, meaning you can engage or disengage multiple loops, plus switch amp channels/reverb/tremolo etc with a single footswitch.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

shaunm said:
    As well as the order switching, you're also getting programmability, meaning you can engage or disengage multiple loops, plus switch amp channels/reverb/tremolo etc with a single footswitch.
    The more I look at demos I think it will sell very well. The atom that is not the big one so much, too pricey imo. Atom could just about be accessible for us mere mortals. I just need to be able to gig to warrant one now :(
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    shaunm said:
    You could be better off with a Boss ES5 or 8.
    shaunm said:
    Totally this. Half the price and basically same functions. It might be mine up for sale soon at this rate Lol 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    This bodes well for those on the look out for an es5 :) ... Me maybe 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    shaunm said:
    Totally this. Half the price and basically same functions. It might be mine up for sale soon at this rate Lol 
    I have a QMX6 at the moment. I was thinking is there 799 reasons for me to spend that money? That’s not sarcasm but more wondering what benefits I would get from the atom. 

All my amps are single channel amps, I only have one midi pedal (Timeline). No amps have FX loops so all pedals go into the front of the amp. 

I appreciate I can turn several pedals on at a single press. Past that I can’t see how I’d use it? I think I may be missing something as they are hugely popular