SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Vox AC30H2 50th Anniversary - just £650

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5750
edited July 2021 in Amps £
The Daddy of AC30s! 

A fantastic beast that is just a pure, thick slice of Vox tone. Out of the four hundred and seventy six thousand versions of the AC30 this is as simple as it gets. No Trem, no reverb, no master volume, just two very different channels giving you a huge and warm tone at whisper volume up to a grinding and addictive wave of sound that can blow the bloody doors off. A hand wired beauty with a pair of Celestion Blues.

There's some great info here in the Vox archive.

http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/ac30h2.html

I personally love the way Vox uses the EF86 for preamp. It's raw, visceral and to me, sounds like the least amount of alteration between what I hear in the guitar and what comes out of the speaker. The Top Boost is richer but doesn't give up any of its grit.
I've used it quite a bit with an attenuator and it plays very nicely. I haven't tried to make it roar at TV volumes, more knock the edge off when REALLY cranking it so you can be in the same room and not loose your hearing.

It's just had a new foursome of EL84s to cure a little tickly cough and it sat perfectly quietly for hours and hours yesterday. The old ones will be included too.

It also has a nice red padded cover from one of those preferred third party folks, I just haven't found it yet.

I'm looking for £650 and there is no way I'll be putting this in the hands of couriers. I will be happy to take a road trip to meet you and let you buy me coffee though

Oh..... and I'm not looking for trades. So naturally, if you have something to swap, let me know.

This a completely ridiculous amp in the modern age but I'm so glad I bit and bought it when I had the chance. I've had over a year of fun owning it and it's made me smile every time I've played it. I knew I'd never have a bonafide use for it but everyone should own something this daft, at least once. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• very cool. I had the AC15, and they really are good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7848
    Ooh, nice. There are excellent amps
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
     Very nice indeed & highly tempting. Where in Wiltshire are you? (Approx) .
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5750
    HoraceB said:
     Very nice indeed & highly tempting. Where in Wiltshire are you? (Approx) .
    Near Marlborough and while I’d ideally like it’s new owner to come and spend some time with it before buying, I’m happy to drive and meet. 
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    That is beautiful - and very lovely photos as well! It looks good enough to just leave in the Lounge, even if you don't play it!

robwright said:
    That is beautiful - and very lovely photos as well! It looks good enough to just leave in the Lounge, even if you don't play it!
    I won’t be at all sad if it doesn’t go but it is getting a bit ‘ampy’ around here  :3
  • ac30manac30man Frets: 478
    Ooooof.....that’s nice!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    £800 for a handwired AC30?

Not sure a GLWTS is even needed but have one anyway.

I have the AC15H1TV and the AC15HW1X. Both are wonderful and fecking deafening in equal measures. This must be crackers loud....!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    £800 for a handwired AC30?

Not sure a GLWTS is even needed but have one anyway.

I have the AC15H1TV and the AC15HW1X. Both are wonderful and fecking deafening in equal measures. This must be crackers loud....!
    I had the H1TV a long while back and loved it. This is a lot like that obviously, just....... more. 

I think the monetary value of these beasts is a lot comparing a huge Jaaaaaaag to a Focus. They’re still just as fabulous as ever but something practical is going to have more value. This amp will probably have a life of changing hands most years now but is a great chance to enjoy it for a little while and then take your cash back out for something else 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    That is properly posh. Someone is going to get a bargain here
    TTT. No small feat here  :3
    I’d quite like to splurge on some really gorgeous 1960s MF camera kit. So until the stuff I want sells, I’ll let this go for £700. If the camera sells first, I’ll just have to keep it  :3
    One last bump, since my camera gear GAS is still an option :)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Might want to update the OP with the price drop as I couldn't see it at first.

But seriously, never has so much amp been offered for so little money. Somebody has to snap this up...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Good call @Hattigol, have done. 

And thank you :)
  • That’s beautiful Daz and a whole lot of fun I bet
    That’s beautiful Daz and a whole lot of fun I bet
    It’s amazing and just between you and me, I’m kinda hoping no one buys it. :3

Unless you want to swap it and a Vintage HSS Strat for that BK ;)
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 181
    Bloody hell Dazz that is outstanding- wish I was nearer and wish my room of requirement was bigger to hide it from my nearest and dearest .....
    Just hope it doesn’t end up on Fleabay or something 
  • dazzajl said:
    That’s beautiful Daz and a whole lot of fun I bet
    It’s amazing and just between you and me, I’m kinda hoping no one buys it. :3

Unless you want to swap it and a Vintage HSS Strat for that BK ;)
    You know me well enough that by the end of this week and with beers involved I probably will !

Ive just sold the Genz Benz to @Sevenof9 so there is a Vox shaped hole but I really need to sort myself a Strat first :-)
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7848
    edited November 2020
    @dazzajl  I don’t think you should sell this.  In all the time I’ve known you, you’ve always spoken lovingly of the Vox EF86 sound. 

Knowing you, in the near future, you’ll likely lust after one of these handwired beauties again, and the price of entry won’t be as keen as your bargain offering.

You’ve had at least 4 Vox amps in the time I’ve known you, so it’s a recurring addiction 

Stash it at my place until it calls for you again